Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1917-S Obverse Walking Liberty For Grading

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 594Next Topic  
Bedrock of the Community
United States
24458 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  11:17 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What grade would you give this coin?

Pillar of the Community
United States
3982 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  11:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd say G-04. Could probably use some acetone for the tape residue.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70143 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  12:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Assuming that's not a scratch in the right obverse field, G-04.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2007 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  12:30 pm  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
G-4, appears to be tape residue on the obverse.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9119 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  12:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
G details cleaned
IN NECESSARIIS UNITAS - IN DUBIIS LIBERTAS - IN OMNIBUS CARITAS
My coin e-commerce website:https://nummumcoins.com - Help me improve my coin e-commerce website: http://goccf.com/t/424872
Help me optimize my photo setup: http://goccf.com/t/411871
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17740 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  1:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Assuming that's not a scratch in the right obverse field, G-04.

I believe that's part of the tape residue . Agree G-04 .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
United States
3672 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  3:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
04 Details Looks like glue on obverse.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12519 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2022  10:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
G4. if the residue does not come off then the coin would details
Pillar of the Community
United States
2887 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2022  2:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Classic G-04. Looks like a nice example for the grade. Acetone should be able to remove the cellophane tape residue. Let it soak a while and rinse it in distilled water. Whether it details or straight grades probably will depend on the appearance after the tape residue is removed. There can be distracting discoloration under old tape.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
24458 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  11:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This one has been given an Acetone bath.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70143 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  12:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Success!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2887 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great acetone swim result!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3982 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  12:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent result!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12519 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2022  11:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
way better. I'm happy to see there was no discoloration under it. there is still a hint of the yellow but hardly noticeable and I'm betting in hand you cant tell.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70143 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2022  11:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm betting in hand you CAN tell, but agree this came out better than expected.
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 594Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 4.57 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: