Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is This A 1959 D/D RPM?

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 851Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58856 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2022  2:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some extensive lists are not posted on the websites. So you might want to contact John Wexler to see if he wants to see it? That would be where I would start. (Especially if you found several of these in rolls. Then you could have a number for them.
http://doubleddie.com/1801.html
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
07/01/2022 2:43 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
123 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2022  2:47 pm  Show Profile   Check GaryVanWa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GaryVanWa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Coop!
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
123 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2022  3:30 pm  Show Profile   Check GaryVanWa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GaryVanWa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a different ''59 D but I thought I'd post in this thread since it's same date and MM.

It's very interesting. No doubling that I can see but there is evidence of a die crack running horizontally along Lincoln's head.

Unfortunately there is a crystalline deposit(s) of corrosion on the coin. It is raised or convex and seems to have about the same height as the raised lettering.

This coin has been in my possession for about 14 years, since I picked it out of an OBW roll. There was no such corrosion on it at that time. It's been kept in a typical paper and plastic 2x2 flip like the LCS was selling around the time that I was packaging my "finds".

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
123 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  3:32 pm  Show Profile   Check GaryVanWa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GaryVanWa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I put some time into reviewing the various attribution possibilities. There certainly are a LOT of possibilities. I agree and understand why DataDragon suggested coppercoins 1mm-005 and that could in fact be "the one".

But I saw others that could be matches but it's sometimes harder to tell because of photo clarity. I thought Wexler's WRPM -002 looks similar but the area inside the main 2 D's are a little fuzzy on the Wexler site. I see some similarities with other photos on CopperCoins although the "extra metal", that I assume makes it a D/D/D, does not show to the left of the main 2 MM's on those. The 050, 058 and 065 are somewhat similar, to my eyes at least, but missing the slight 3rd D to the left. I'm guessing that to an expert, this is no doubt an important observation to decide on as an aspect of the decision making.

Interestingly, on Wexler's site, the 1960 D WRPM-044 looks like a VERY close match on the D/D but again, is missing the minor 3rd D to the left.

After the holiday weekend, I think I'll contact Wexler, send photos of my example and see if he wants to have a look.

Here's wishing everyone a good 4th of July holiday!
Valued Member
United States
215 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  5:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good to see your fully diving in. One helpful point that you may not yet be aware of is that the listings thankfully on one site may be identical to the listing of another just with another number to identify it. For example,, you mentioned finding WRPM-002 on wexler to be a good match...well if you look below that one you will see the coppercoins site 1959d-1mm-005 I thought might be a good match is the same one at WRPM-002! However not all of the sites have the cross references and some sites do have coins that others do not. The 1960-d one you mentioned cannot be the same because it is not a 1959-D cent so that too will help you narrow your search to those with the correct date and mintmark on them.

1959-D 1 WRPM-002

Description: D/D/D Southwest & Tilted (Rotated)

Cross References: CONECA: RPM #5, Coppercoins: 1959D-1MM-005

Also this is the page on info regarding sending to Wexler for attribution if it is worthwhile to do so, there is a small fee. https://www.doubleddie.com/402401.html Grading companies can also verify varieties but only certain ones listed on their site, and there is a higher fee to do so.
Edited by datadragon
07/02/2022 5:44 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10437 Posts
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
123 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2022  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Check GaryVanWa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GaryVanWa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I neglected to post pics of entire coin previously, so here they are.

Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 851Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.29 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: