Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Coin Noodling Is In The News Now: Daily Mail Australia

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 587Next Topic  
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10407 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  2:42 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I guess you folks 'Down Under" are making quite a stir these days.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...s-using.html
Pillar of the Community
Australia
568 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2022  12:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The banks will really kick up a stink if every Tom, Dick and Harry decides to start noodling.

The average person will quickly decide it's not worth their time when they discover the reported profit margins are greatly exaggerated.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1268 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2022  01:09 am  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
true, the margin/chances of finding something interesting will come down if everyone starts noodling, better noodling then them vaping in your face :P
Learn More...
United States
114800 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2022  3:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The banks will really kick up a stink if every Tom, Dick and Harry decides to start noodling.
Many have done so here in the States. The biggest deterrents seem to be adding fees or just saying no.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1268 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2022  8:29 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thing is in American there still silver too be found hiding in circulation, where as in Australian it's very unlikely you'll find any silver coins, which I think help keep the noodler more or less just hobbyists rather then hardcore profit seeker or get rich quick people (guess that's why there were gold rushes).

Here something that most would over look technically a double error but only the lamination is uncommon, other double bar

Pillar of the Community
Australia
1221 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2022  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another crap story from a crappy local newspaper employing muck raking journalists who don't have the foggiest how to background research an article and verify the facts. Would love to know which 'rare' decimal coin is worth thousands. Also had to laugh when the video flashes up something about the 1988 HH $2 coin. It is these dreamers who flood Scum Tree with overpriced coins which never sell but reckon they've made a 10% profit.

Quote:

Thing is in American there still silver too be found hiding in circulation, where as in Australian it's very unlikely you'll find any silver coins, which I think help keep the noodler more or less just hobbyists rather then hardcore profit seeker or get rich quick people (guess that's why there were gold rushes).

I found a post '46 florin in the reject tray of a coin deposit machine! Only 50% but still silver!
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
4118 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2022  10:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, the Daily Mail is a toilet rag gossip newspaper. Sadly this publicity will attract the mouthbreeders who read that garbage (those junk rags killed Diana and Michael Jackson).

All of them, The Daily Fail, The Scum, The Daily Mirror and gone but not missed Lies of the World.

I can't access their articles as my software choices angers them.

I love COINS!!!
Learn More...
United States
114800 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2022  09:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I can't access their articles as my software choices angers them.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 587Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: