Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1961-D Lincoln Cent Is It Pm Damage Or In BIE Family

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 993Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community

United States
751 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  5:50 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I didn't find anything listed in cuds-on-coins bie errors for 1961-d . I have three more different errors like this, but I don't want to start a new topic each time. I will post them next.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70101 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  5:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess that's technically a BIE as I understand it.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2000 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  6:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There may be some die chips there but it looks like damage to me, just misplace metal to the east.

-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
United States
751 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  6:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I guess that's technically a BIE as I understand it.

My thoughts exactly! Although not between the B and E of LIBERTY they are listed on the site. Was curious to see if you thought it might be PM damage? Technically not a collector of BIE's just a sponge and trying to absorb as much info on everything about Lincoln cents. some purists claim any error in LIBERTY is considered a BIE. I don't want to insult the error gods; they are actually very helpful to me.
Edited by grospoisson
06/30/2022 6:18 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
66 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  6:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DaRukus660 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10269 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
751 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  6:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Hey our new forum friend, depending on who you ask (certainly not me). Some members say any error in Liberty is a Bie error. Personally I thought it should be between B and E of LIBERTY. I did however read somewhere that any break on any letter in LIBERTY is a Bie error.. I am not a BIE collector, but others definitely are. Hopefully some of them will weigh in on the conversation. Bie or not
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70101 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  7:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can see the R but not the E, but must agree that would be quite a coincidence.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2000 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  8:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I can see the R but not the E, but must agree that would be quite a coincidence.
Here ya go, Coinfrog. The west side of the E went to the east, the top of the R went to the east, the top of the T got shaved off to the east and looks like a little piece of the west of the Y is mixed in the T's metal, also to the east. At least that's how I see it.

-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
United States
9124 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2022  01:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Post mint damage.
ša va bien aller

Valued Member
United States
417 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58695 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2022  2:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Or even struck through debris issue? Hard to say from images sometimes.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
751 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2022  3:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If someone wants to see it firsthand, I can mail it to them. Maybe we all can learn something?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17732 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2022  6:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And here's my 2 cents ; Because this Lincoln is in High AU red condition I would say the area in question is not PMD , but a die error .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2000 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2022  09:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
grospoisson, was good enough to send me this coin to check out, in hand, thanks, grospoisson!
I tried my best to get some good close ups, hope they help. The first two pics are straight on shots of ERTY and it looks to be mostly damage to the R spread both directions, the best I can tell. There is also what appears to be a scrape to the top of the T and a chunk out of the west part of the Y.
The second shot are angled pics of the E and R. I think they show displaced metal folded over the E and you can see how the R is missing metal.

If there are any additional pics anyone wants, I'll do my best to get them, this one was tough for me to get shots of.

-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
United States
673 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2022  1:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CentSation to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
"If there are any additional pics anyone wants, I'll do my best to get them"

Can you get an angled [landscape-type] shot?
Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves -- Witch Hunt
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 993Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: