Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Any Of These Worth Keeping?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 617Next Topic  
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  6:19 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Avg_Joe_Dude to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
My uncle passed these coins to me... I was wondering if any of them are more than ordinary and are worth keeping.

Cheers,
AVG JOE

Pillar of the Community
United States
6480 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  6:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

A quick glance tells me you shouldn't consider retirement or give up gainful employment with any profits from this group of coins.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
15754 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  6:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF

Well the Canadian Dollar is worth about 75 cents US.
Edited by JimmyD
06/30/2022 6:32 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70210 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  6:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like pretty common stuff from what I can see.

to the CCF!
Edited by Coinfrog
06/30/2022 6:47 pm
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  8:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Avg_Joe_Dude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Westnsky , JimmyD, Coinfrog, thank yall greatly for putting a set of eyes on these. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Since it's no where near my realm of expertise, I wanted to just make sure via the experts!

Thanks,
AVG Joe
Learn More...
United States
24180 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  9:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well this could be the starting point for a "one from every country" collection.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
1731 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  9:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Could be a little hard to tell, but your best coin from this set appears to be that 1919 Australian penny. I can see a dot below the reverse scroll above the date, but hard to see if there is a second dot above the scroll. If there is, that would be a scarce variety worth north of 100 dollars to certain collectors. We would need to see a closeup of that 1919 penny reverse to confirm it. Without knowing which variety, that would retail in the 2 to 3 dollars range.

Oh, and that 1931 McCormick reaper medal is not in the greatest shape, but perhaps a few dollars to the right buyer
Edited by mrwhatisit
06/30/2022 9:17 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
45742 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2022  05:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Looks like mostly sentimental value.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2022  09:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Avg_Joe_Dude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
mrwhatisit, here is a better picture:

Cheers
Learn More...
United States
114756 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1216 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2022  10:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now you see it, now you don't. That lower dot seems to have vanished in the second image.If no dots, then the most common variety. At best, the lower dot is present, but I can't spot the higher dot. A pity.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 617Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: