Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Would This Be Considered A Mint Error Or Post Mint Damage?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 421Next Topic  
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  02:16 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Space_head1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I found this penny in a roll that I got at the bank. I am very very new at collecting so I can't tell if this was done during production or if has happened post mint. If anyone has a thought on this, It would be appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time.
Learn More...
United States
24134 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  04:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@spa, first welcome to CCF. Second, can you please add a pic of the front of this coin to the thread? It is best practice as we might see something that you have overlooked plus I want to add the date and mintmark to the thread title to improve the searchability of your thread. With regard to that broad linear region of crumpled metal, this might be a lamination. Let see what others think.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Bedrock of the Community
United States
45687 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  05:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Possible LAM but good in-focus pics front and back would be nice.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10269 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
8890 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  08:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, a decent example of a lamination issue.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70102 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  09:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sharper pics please.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
9124 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2022  12:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, appears to be a lam. Good eye!

to the CCF!
ša va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
United States
798 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2022  08:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kenwright396 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
15699 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2022  08:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice lamination. Runs almost rim to rim.
Also it is considered a defective planchet error as opposed to a mint error.
Edited by JimmyD
07/03/2022 08:45 am
Learn More...
United States
114610 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1469 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2022  6:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF and
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70102 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2022  6:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree it's a lam. Some people love them, others not so much.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2794 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2022  7:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice partial planchet crack with exfoliation. Manny love those coins.
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 421Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: