Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

ICCS Return Shipping + Insurance

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 571Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
169 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2022  3:58 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CanadaPennies19 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I just got my email results for my ICCS order. The value of the coins is around $6500 (18 coins)

I paid $20 for return shipping (from Toronto ICCS office and being returned to me around d 45 minutes from ICCS)

I paid the $8/$1000 in insurance (if I remember correctly) and they are returning my coins back to me through Registered (basically letter mail with a tracking number)

My first question is, why did I paid $20 for shipping if registered is around $11.00. They could have shipped it to me with express post for around $18 after taxes.

My second is, who is the insurance actually through. Canada post doesn't provide insurance on registered mail. I paid $48 for insurance for my return shipping, If these coins disappear, who is Insuring me.

Not to complain but just wondering if others have had their valuable coins return through registered.
Valued Member
Canada
295 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2022  4:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Andy888 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why wouldn't you call ICCS and ask them? Seems crazy to ask random people for speculation rather than contacting the company directly. Also, regarding shipping, they charge $20 as a flat rate. I guarantee when they send things to places like BC, its more than $20 so they are likely taking an average. Not worth worrying about.
Valued Member
Canada
169 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2022  5:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CanadaPennies19 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't called ICCS because they're closed for the day, my question was clearly stated at the end of the post. I'm not going to call ICCS and ask them if other people have received their orders via registered mail.

If you pay $500 for a plane ticket and a first class ticket is $520

You'd assume you wouldn't be seated in a $200 seat, so everyone else who pays $100 for a seat can use the extra $300 I paid to cover their seating.

My point is, registered mail is only supposed to be used for documents and paper only. Canada post fights with me every time I try to mail something registered that isn't paper/documents.

Not really how I'd expect my $6500 coins to be returned.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4313 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2022  6:53 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can send anything you want REGISTERED MAIL .
When they ask you what is in , the answer nothing that is illegal or of
concern to you .
We use registered mail in Canada all the time to send single lots or packages under 300 grams . The minimum
is currently $11.69 quickly rising to $15.00 with weight
Plus taxes . Getting to the Post office at 2 plus a litre and standing in line ...priceless! The minimum charge of $20 from ICCS is a bargain .
As to what ICCS charges , when we get a hundred lot back the charge
is 50 Dollars Expresspost signed for . I consider that to be a bargain .
We never pay the insurance option they offer. Self insure through our own .
If you are worried about what ICCS charges for shipping , try any of the
US SERVICES . You will quickly see how reasonable ICCS is .
Edited by Pacificoin
07/06/2022 7:02 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1339 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2022  01:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not sure I follow your logic on the plane seat, if you buy a $500 economy seat, you sit in economy, if you buy a first class seat, you sit in first class, price is correlated, but not the deciding factor where you sit, it is the class of service you buy.

If you like, they will ship using your own fedex account (but you have to request it) and provide all the required information (I did this on my last bulk submission).

I'm sure you could ask for a certificate of insurance if you like.

From the Canada Post webiste
Quote:
Registered Mail Canada (domestic)
You can send letters, documents and small items like coins and jewellery by Registered Mail.

Pillar of the Community
United States
710 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2022  9:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 571Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.26 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: