Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1918/7-S Standing Liberty Quarter?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 1,268Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

Italy
216 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2022  5:22 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add lux73 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello all,
need some help with this 1918-s... I think this is a 1918/7-S and I would like to have your opinion on this.

It seems that the die clash that looks like an E in the protected recess next to Liberty's right knee could be there and maybe also the small pimple of extra metal above and to the right of last digit of the date.

What do you think?

Pillar of the Community
United States
2261 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2022  5:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Certainly looks like a 1918/7 S quarter! Can you add a picture of the reverse? And may I ask how you aquired this coin?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71578 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2022  5:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, looks good, reverse pic please.
Valued Member
Italy
216 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2022  6:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lux73 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for reply

Yes just bought this coin online from a french numismatic dealer and waiting to receive it... wish everything goes the right way...

Here is the reverse

Do you think this should grade straight or just detail?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71578 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2022  6:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think the faint obverse scratch will detail this otherwise splendid-looking example.

Did you purchase it as the overdate?
Valued Member
Italy
216 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2022  6:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lux73 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wish it could grade straight...

Variety wasn't attributed

was very lucky with this one
Pillar of the Community
United States
2261 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2022  7:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, what a cherrypick!! This very exciting, congrats! I am putting my bet on a straight XF-45. Probably could get $7,500+ in an auction setting.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6544 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2022  7:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like the real deal to me and appears to be in high XF to low AU condition. Should straight grade. ***Might*** be a candidate for professional conservation depending on what it looks like in-hand.

Hopefully, the dealer isn't a member of this forum, has already shipped the coin and doesn't try to recall the package if he has.

Wonderful score! Congrats!
Edited by westernsky
07/27/2022 7:19 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
5805 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2022  8:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a seriously big cherry-pick, congratulations! I don't ever see examples in grades this high that aren't attributed already. I would love to see some results from a TPG if you decided to send it that way.

-CH27
Collector of U.S. Coins, Varieties, and Colonial Coinage
Valued Member
Italy
216 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2022  12:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lux73 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all for comments.

Coin is already shipped and I think I will have coin in hand in about 10/15 days

I will certainly try to grade the coin through PCGS and will update you.
Edited by lux73
07/28/2022 12:02 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1125 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2022  4:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like the real deal to me; I'm in the market for one myself, but not nearly in this high of a grade .
I'll be looking forward to hearing more once you have the coin in-hand.
I would expect it would straight-grade, but even if it didn't that's still an amazing cherrypick!
My U.S. Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278808/
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
My 20th Century U.S. Type Set - Proofs only, No Gold https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/co...sets/396301/
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71578 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2022  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lucky is an understatement!
Pillar of the Community
United States
6544 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2022  10:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Patiently enjoying my !
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2022  11:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent coin...great find.

KK
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59536 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  9:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
6544 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  10:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OP Did it show up and was it as pictured in the listing?

Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 1,268Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: