Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1964 Kennedy Half PCGS Po-01 Huh?

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 721Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8071 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2022  05:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Am I missing something here ?

No - but PCGS price guide has failed to keep up with the limited but real demand for registry set collectors who chase these low ball coins.

Their price guide values are ridiculous out of touch with what the real market brings when one of these coins becomes available.

Quote:
I'll never understand low ballers.

I do - I was 'one of them' for many years. For me it was about the joy of the numismatic search and a quest to discover a rare, albeit worn out, coin that no-one else had discovered.

Think of it this way - I could search through thousands of MS Peace dollars with zero hope of finding an MS69 example. Conversely - I could search through well circulated Peace dollars and if my eye were sharp and everything came into alignment find a one of a kind lowball.

That's exactly what I did many times and when I decided to sell my PCGS low ball Peace dollar set my 1935-S PCGS PO01 sold to the current registry #1 in a private transaction for $2000. I paid about $40 for it including TPG fees.

Go look up the PCGS price guide value for that one.

For a time I was the owner of the #1 registry low ball sets for Barber halves, Walkers and Peace dollars. Enjoying the hobby in the search for those coins brought me a lot of pleasure.

I've since moved on - sold off all those sets, but the strong sense of the thrill of discovery from those days remains a favored memory.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 721Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: