Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1898 - O Morgan Dollar For Grading

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 31 / Views: 1,133Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United Kingdom
1125 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2022  1:39 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TobyJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Seller photos:

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71508 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2022  1:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pics too soft to see field details clearly.
Valued Member
United States
322 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2022  2:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ericgreen to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I feel like these pics are hiding something. Make it very hard to see how many and how deep any of the surface marks are
Bedrock of the Community
United States
25226 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2022  2:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking at the photo blow ups, easy MS-65.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12926 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2022  09:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
a little light on the strike for this year and the photos are a little weak. hopefully it looks better in hand in regards to luster. MS64 and might make 65
Pillar of the Community
United States
1545 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2022  2:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
2360 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2022  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sign of Scam: underexposed and blurry photos.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71508 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2022  9:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Go for it if full return privileges. If not, pass.
Valued Member
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2022  12:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add LazerPig to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Personally I'd be looking at the seller's pics of other coins for sale/sold, if they all look amateur like this maybe give him a chance but if the rest are all sharp and well lit I'd be concerned.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4080 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2022  01:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd say a solid MS-64, possibly 65, if the photos aren't hiding anything. In case you're interested, it looks like a VAM-7B with some nice die clashes.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United Kingdom
1125 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2022  08:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TobyJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the replies. NumisEd and Lazerpig: It is from a very reputable auction house that I have bought from before, and this is part of a job lot of morgans and Peace dollars. If I'm successful, I'll post my photos as always :)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United Kingdom
1125 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2022  2:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TobyJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Received it, and very happy with it. What do you think?

Bedrock of the Community
United States
12926 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2022  2:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU55 maybe AU58. looks dipped also

seller photos are pathetic and most likely on purpose
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United Kingdom
1125 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2022  2:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TobyJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Panzaldi, I think my photos aren't the best. It's MS65 in hand, unbroken lustre and doesn't appear dipped. The breast is a weak strike, as with the hair. I'll try retake the photo sorry about that.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9507 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2022  7:44 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Super clashed.

At least in both sets of pictures above the luster does not cartwheel to any extent.

My technical grade would be MS64.
Longhorn Coins & Exonumia
Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC - CCT #890

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Pillar of the Community
United States
2254 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2022  8:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-64, possibly MS-65 if the luster is complete on the cheek. Appears to have been handled, creating a haze on the surfaces.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 31 / Views: 1,133Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: