Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1872 T$1 Trade Dollar, Judd-1220

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 412Next Topic  

Canada
43 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2022  11:02 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add recollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
i would like to know the weight, diameter and thickness of a genuine 1872 T$1 Trade dollar, Judd-1220 pattern coin. can anyone help? I cant find any website that lists the genuine weights and diameters of pattern coins.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1147 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  07:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smat45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With a quick search...seems to be 3 different compositions of this pattern...silver, copper and aluminum.
That's all I got
https://coins.ha.com/itm/patterns/1...ption-071515
smat
Pillar of the Community
United States
2318 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  12:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This has a list of examples
https://uspatterns.stores.yahoo.net...20p1362.html

Heritage shows 5 of them and their previous sales. Maybe if you dig around auction records one of them lists a weight?

If you're asking because you're contemplating a purchase, keep in mind that only half a dozen real ones are known.
Canada
43 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  1:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add recollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
no weights or measurements anywhere...
Canada
43 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  1:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add recollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PCGS and ha cataloged it, why didnt they simply write the weight and measurement?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17740 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2022  5:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The silver specimen in the Bass Foundation collection was 419.5 grains 1.49 inch diameter. I don't have weights for the copper or aluminum pieces. I would expect the diameters to be the same.
Gary Schmidt
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 412Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: