Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

American Liberty 2022 Silver Medal

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 122 / Views: 4,669Next Topic
Page: of 9
Learn More...
United States
116475 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  3:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My sick 2 year old woke up from a nap right before it went live. By the time I got back they were sold out.

Hopefully there will be more available. Good luck!
Pillar of the Community
United States
568 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  5:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The mint had a supply of them here at the WFOM. Grabbed 2. The director was also here signing autographs and taking pictures.

I'll load pics of the medals when I get home. It won't let me load on a couple of the image hosting sites.
Edited by mrpapageorgio
08/18/2022 6:00 pm
Valued Member
United States
264 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  6:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Erscolo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I ordered one at 12:00 and a second one at 12:10. Both orders are confirmed and the first is now marked shipped.
Valued Member
United States
339 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  6:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got my shipping e-mail this evening as well!
Pillar of the Community
United States
568 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  7:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Let's see if this works. When I got there, there was a posted limit of 5. I overheard the mint employee stating she only had about 20 left so I grabbed a couple. Director of the mint was offering to sign whatever you wanted US Mint related (I'm assuming within reason) and take a picture with her.

Edited by mrpapageorgio
08/18/2022 7:10 pm
Valued Member
United States
339 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
mrpapa - one of these signed versions sold today on ebay for $225 - was that you? haha
Valued Member
United States
423 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carlp007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice, very nice mrpapageorgio, where's the picture with the director
Pillar of the Community
United States
568 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  8:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
mrpapa - one of these signed versions sold today on ebay for $225 - was that you? haha

Was not me (found the listing, I don't live in FL. lol). I actually did decide to send the medals in to be graded to PCGS with the Chicago label at the show. If at least one comes back a 70, it will be the companion piece to the gold version I have. Other one will get sold to try and cover what I paid (or as much as possible).

Although speaking to someone in line, I did hear they were being sold by some of the booths for about double. This was apparently a surprise from a couple of people I was talking to and I don't see any postings giving a heads up online.

I could only imagine the mayhem if it was something like the 2019-S ERP and they had a limited supply there.

Although I can just picture the pitch now Mike Mezack would be making with these "limited edition" medals with the Chicago label. "I was only able to get like 50 OF THESE and you WILL NEVER SEE THIS LOW PRICE AGAIN OF $1495....."

Quote:
Nice, very nice mrpapageorgio, where's the picture with the director

I don't want to risk breaking the internet posting. ;)
Edited by mrpapageorgio
08/18/2022 8:56 pm
Valued Member
United States
413 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  9:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The First Day of Issue, First Day - ANA and Chicago ANA Releases label designations for qualifying medals submitted to NGC at the ANA World's Fair of Money.will be listed separately in the NGC Census so that makes them slightly more desired to some collectors. For the rest of us, coins received by NGC within the first 30 days of their release are eligible for NGC's popular Early Releases and First Releases label designations if your wondering how that works. https://www.ngccoin.com/news/article/10451/
Pillar of the Community
United States
568 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  10:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I did PCGS and they would not do FDOI designation unless it was a bulk submission (which would've been rather difficult since you could only buy 5 from the mint directly). Best they were offering for individuals was First Strike with the Chicago ANA label.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
20073 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  10:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice, well balanced design, but
it is unclear to me what this medal is actually commemorating.
Valued Member
United States
413 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  07:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For those who missed them, it appears 6482 are available this morning for purchase again. Who knows how long that lasts.

Quote:
sel_69l: It is unclear to me what this medal is actually commemorating.

Since 2015, the U.S. Mint American Liberty series celebrates modern interpretations of the concept of American liberty. The obverse designs feature modern versions of Liberty, paired with contemporary eagle designs on the reverse. The American Liberty designs are released first as a 24-karat gold coin and then as a silver medal.

The 2022 medal offers a bold and breathtaking representation of the determination and power of the passion for American Liberty. The obverse (heads) features a wild American Mustang horse, bucking off a western-style saddle, evoking the throwing off of the yoke of British rule during the American Revolution.

https://www.usmint.gov/news/press-r...le-august-18
https://www.usmint.gov/learn/coin-a...ican-liberty
Edited by datadragon
08/19/2022 08:03 am
Learn More...
United States
116475 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  09:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Let's see if this works. When I got there, there was a posted limit of 5. I overheard the mint employee stating she only had about 20 left so I grabbed a couple. Director of the mint was offering to sign whatever you wanted US Mint related (I'm assuming within reason) and take a picture with her.
Excellent!

I got the shipping notification email with tracking number late last night.
Valued Member
United States
328 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  09:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ericgreen to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are available again! 4321 at the time of posting. I was able to grab one!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2426 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  09:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the heads-up, @ericgreen! I just picked up one. I was preoccupied during the initial offering and thought I had missed out.
"Nummi rari mira sunt, si sumptus ferre potes." - Christophorus filius Scotiae
Page: of 9 Previous TopicReplies: 122 / Views: 4,669Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: