Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Grading For 2000 P Sacagawea Coin

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 343Next Topic  

United States
14 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2022  03:24 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add LennaWB to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I received it new as a graduation gift in 2000 and had been in my file box since. I went to donesize my stuff I found this and turned rainbowed tint. I'd like to know what kind a grade this would be and if I should pay the $$ and get it professionally graded. Thank you.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
46627 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2022  04:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The obverse looks like it had tape across it at one time. I think it would get a details grade?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Edited by John1
08/12/2022 04:52 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71822 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2022  08:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd have to agree.

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
25296 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2022  09:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-58 with some tape residue on the obverse.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2022  09:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The details look MS...but the tape and the residue would indicate it was circulated at some point.

KK.

United States
14 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2022  10:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add LennaWB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes It did have tape holding it to the graduation card, I took the coin off the card a few days ago to toss the card away
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
968 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2022  11:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You know, I would not spare money and time to evaluate this coin. So it will be to a certain box that firstly protects it, secondly it will be easier for you to show it to your friends and family (something like a demo box). So it would be stored for you as a memory.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3302 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2022  9:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Been an gift for own graduation, I will pay the 50$ for certify. The value of the coin never will surpass the facts.
Valued Member
United States
398 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2022  11:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JTCC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-58 details.
Do not send in for grading, not worth the cost of doing so.
This coin is valued at one dollar.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
46627 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  04:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
LennaWB,
Do not send it in. Put it in a 2x2 coin holder or an Air-Tite coin capsule and enjoy it.The memories is where the value is.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Edited by John1
08/14/2022 04:49 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  11:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...to toss the card away...

So much for memories.

KK
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 343Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.29 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: