Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1921-D Mercury Dime - Opinions ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 444Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Germany
1674 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2022  04:55 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add GERMANICVS to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
An old coin show find from around 1990 here in Germany.

Unfortunately damaged on both obverse and reverse, but for
12 dollars at the time, (around 25 today), I thought it was OK.

What would be the details grade on this?

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8064 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2022  05:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A shame for the damage on this key date example.

Nice uniform wear - I suggest VF30 range.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71747 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2022  08:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say EF details (rim damage). Still a nice example!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
25276 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2022  09:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-50 details, rim damage.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12984 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2022  09:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
XF45 details ( PMD)
Valued Member
United States
285 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2022  09:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jakes Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm also at Xf45 details
I've only been collecting for a couple years (2017). Favorite Coin's are Standing Liberty quarters, Working on my type set: "knowledge is power" -Thomas Jefferson | Coffee, Corvettes, & Coins what could be better?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17910 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2022  09:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
EF-45 Details

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
United States
2287 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2022  10:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
XF-45 Details Damage. This is a wow coin! Caught me off guard to see one in decent shape.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2022  10:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
...with EF-45 with Rim Nicks.

KK
Pillar of the Community
United States
8049 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2022  12:29 am  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At least EF45
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Pillar of the Community
Germany
1674 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2022  04:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GERMANICVS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all very much for your grade estimates.

If the coin is EF45 Details, what would be the net grade taking all the edge dings and minor scratches into account.
Approximately F12 ?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1149 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2022  07:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smat45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For someone that wants to fill a key date hole in their album...This would look beautiful...hidding most of the rim issues.
I think F-12 is a little light...I would bump it to VF-20 and settle on F-15.
Cool pick up for the price you paid!
smat
Valued Member
United States
398 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  01:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JTCC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice find for price paid.
I say XF-45 details.
Greysheet sheet for $650 problem free, in it's current state I say it's worth around $575.
Pillar of the Community
Germany
1674 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  03:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GERMANICVS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
For someone that wants to fill a key date hole in their album...This would look beautiful...hidding most of the rim issues.
I think F-12 is a little light...I would bump it to VF-20 and settle on F-15.
Cool pick up for the price you paid!
smat

Quote:
Posted - Today :1H 49M ago
Very nice find for price paid.
I say XF-45 details.
Greysheet sheet for $650 problem free, in it's current state I say it's worth around $575.

Thank you, both, very much for your opinions

Edited by GERMANICVS
08/14/2022 03:06 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 444Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: