Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2006 P Cent For Grading Please :)

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 515Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
175 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2022  5:37 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Newherehavingfun to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I was going through my coins again and the luster and color drew me back to this one. It looks freshly minted but does have some smudges from handling. Can you help me grade it please? (Pics in natural light and incandescent light taken. One detail image.) Thank you!

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71822 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2022  5:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Neither set of images gives a good sense of surface detail or the coin's true color.
Valued Member
United States
175 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2022  5:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Newherehavingfun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Neither set of images gives a good sense of surface detail or the coin's true color.

Oh shoot, ok. I still don't have proper tools. I am waiting for a loope to come but I don't know if I can use it with my iphone camera. It's very bright, but certainly hard to tell. Thanks so much. I'll see if I can get any better ones.
Valued Member
United States
175 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2022  6:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Newherehavingfun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Trying to show the brightness but still hard to capture, I realize it's blurry :)

Pillar of the Community
United States
1255 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2022  7:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Keep trying to capture it as it appears in hand, brace your phone so it doesn't move, helps a lot as well.
Valued Member
United States
175 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2022  7:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Newherehavingfun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Keep trying to capture it as it appears in hand, brace your phone so it doesn't move, helps a lot as well.

Thank you.. I will try that! My hands shake so its tricky lol. :)
Bedrock of the Community
United States
46627 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2022  10:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lacks eye appeal, IMHO.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
United States
25296 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2022  11:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Probably MS-65RD.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18141 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2022  12:08 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Valued Member
United States
175 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2022  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Newherehavingfun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a whole new world! Magnification!!!! Thanks for your replies... here are some details.. a bit more scratched up than I thought. To the eye, honestly it looks great but here are some close ups! Woohooo finally have some tools!!!!

Bedrock of the Community
United States
46627 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2022  4:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What is your new set up? Looks like you need a few tips to improve your pics.WADR.
John1
Valued Member
United States
175 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2022  4:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Newherehavingfun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What is your new set up? Looks like you need a few tips to improve your pics.WADR.
John1

Haha, yea it literally just came in the mail and I got excited. I have a jewelers loop with LED, 2 magnifications. And a heavier 60X mag that you can sort of roll over objects, it looks like a mini microscope. Very cheap, but it's a vast improvement. It's tricky to use with my iphone but I think I just have to keep trying some angles to get something decent. And I'm already blind by these LED's lol
Valued Member
United States
398 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2022  11:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JTCC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see some light circulation in pictures provided.
AU-58/RB.
Valued Member
United States
175 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  03:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Newherehavingfun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I see some light circulation in pictures provided.
AU-58/RB.

Thank you very much! The better images do show some wear indeed.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
46627 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  04:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Newherehavingfun,
You can buy a scope that plugs into a smart phone for not much money. You can also buy a clip on magnifier.
John1
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  11:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Shows circulation wear...AU-58.

KK
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 515Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.35 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: