Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Series 1995 J-E Sequence Of 20 Bills

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 522Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
80 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2022  11:28 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Odee13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi I have the serial number sequence ending in 581-600 ($20 total notes) all in the same condition as the one pictured. I don't know anything about paper currency but I dont think there is anything special about these bills except maybe the condition (no creases) and that I have 20 in order. Any comments are appreciated.

Pillar of the Community
United States
3816 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  02:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nicely centered note. It's fairly common and worth somewhere between $3 - $5. The notes being consecutive adds little if any value. Personally, if they were mine, I'd pick out two of the nicest centered notes and spend the rest, or give to kids in birthday cards. Thanks for sharing.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
46606 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  04:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What makes it special?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
3816 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  05:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What makes it special?

The note would be special to a block collector. There's only one 1995 $1 J-E block note graded at PMG.
Valued Member
United States
80 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  11:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Odee13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sweet, thanks Steve. I think I will keep $10 of them and take the other $10 to the pawn shop and try to get $12 and then look for a good find on a coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3816 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  12:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
and then look for a good find on a coin...

That's funny.
You're the dude on the Camaro forum telling everyone to buy a Mustang. SMH
Valued Member
United States
80 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  1:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Odee13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ha. Ok you are right. They have a block of 30 - $2 bills for $70 all in excellent condition. Maybe I will get those instead. but I do like mustangs.
Valued Member
United States
412 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  8:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Price guide has it listed for $4 uncirculated condition CH63. Its more than face value but that should be why you dont see them graded. Its like modern quarters that are mostly worth less graded in holders than the grading fees so people dont send them in even though they are plentiful. So I agree with SteveinTampa fully to keep the uncirculated ones or a few at least, and that block collectors may be interested also. I cannot normally suggest to grade one due to the above reason, unless it looks like it may be a top grade since its so uncommon graded perhaps it would have some interest from one being graded as well. This is because those block collectors are like registry set buyers and need things to complete a collection but its just a thought.
Valued Member
United States
80 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2022  12:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Odee13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Datadgragon,

Thank you for the info I appreciate it and it makes sense. I think I might start looking at collecting some paper notes which was something I had never thought about doing before.

Thanks again.
Valued Member
United States
412 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2022  2:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think I might start looking at collecting some paper notes which was something I had never thought about doing before.

Plenty of options to collecting currency... the excitement for trying to find high grades of older currency (they grade 1-70) or that elusive perfect bill, collecting series (year and letter), blocks - the serial number will have a letter at the beginning, 8 digit serial numbers and then a letter at the end. The letters at the front and the back determine the blocks. Errors, Fancy Serial Numbers, Star Notes, older currency etc.... so theres many ways to get into it and just depends on what interests you. Some people collect just for fun such as interesting serial numbers and doesn't matter the values to them at all. There are books like Paper Money of the United States 22nd edition that would be like a Red Book for coins. A guide book of united states paper money 7th edition is like a 'lite' version without the colonial and less values for different grades but has all the other major info at a lower cost for a beginner.
Edited by datadragon
08/15/2022 2:51 pm
Valued Member
United States
80 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  11:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Odee13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Data, Thanks again. Your info is great and helpful. My grandma has a safe full of coins and paper notes. I will have to pull it back out and take a look at the silver notes and all the old $100 bills and see what she's got in there! I will also start looking to see what interests me the most.

Again thanks for the information.
Valued Member
United States
412 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  3:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You might also enjoy just browsing some free videos like on this channel that cover all kinds of different types of currency and collecting to see if anything sparks your interest. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz...rxdyA/videos

Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 522Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.32 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: