Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Coin That Started A Raging Internet Debate: 1924 Peace Dollar, You Versus NGC

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 53 / Views: 2,120Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
United States
897 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2022  7:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So what is your goal here?
Valued Member
United States
127 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  7:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheColorofMoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It most certainly is about guess the grade. That is what you asked in your first sentence after the header ( Please submit your grade ). People were doing just that until you hijacked your own thread. Maybe you should start a new thread.

Read the title of the thread. Also it was explained in the first post that there is big story - a debate surrounding the coin and others like it. It was never just about the grade. The "Give your grade" was a means of introducing the coin and the story \ debate behind it.

You have a habit of telling others what their intent was when they created a thread.
Edited by TheColorofMoney
08/19/2022 8:37 pm
Valued Member
United States
127 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  7:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheColorofMoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I don't remember a "Leather Pouch Sale" from Heritage the time I remember this particular coin, was from the Heritage sale #60257 in April 2022 - the "Attractively Toned Coins Showcase Sale"

The coin in this thread was sold in 2009 at Heritage. It was part of small hoard of coins that were found in a leather pouch. David Hall stepped in and said any such toned coins - even in PCGS holders - are artificially toned - which drew the ire of dealers and collectors - because what he said just ain't true.

I made links to what he said and also gave the dates earlier in this thread.

Quote:
Is this one of the Peace dollars that came out of the old (2013/14 era) leather pouch hoard perhaps?

The above is what you asked. So you did ask if the coin of this thread was a part of the "leather pouch hoard." So based upon your query I thought you and I were talking about the same thing.
08/19/2022 8:37 pm
Valued Member
United States
127 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  7:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheColorofMoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So what is your goal here?

It was already discussed. All given in the first post to the thread.
08/19/2022 7:56 pm
Valued Member
Taiwan
383 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  8:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Everest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your prompt and courteous response. You represent yourself well. All the best in your collecting endeavors.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8047 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10625 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have to say the original images you posted are far less appealing than the slab images.
1883-O Nut
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3229 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This coin is really fake toning. Point, I will not answer more. Was attributed with out took in consideration the toning. This it is a hoard coin. Not many people buy this hoard, maybe 6 to 10.
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 53 / Views: 2,120Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.29 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: