Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1938 D Walking Liberty For Grading

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 680Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71546 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  7:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good to hear. A sleaze-bag company that feasts on amateurs.
Valued Member
United States
125 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eaglebub7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Pretty much full price for the grade.

Yeah, for a few more bucks I could buy a slabbed MS65.

Quote:
The seller is Great Southern. Nothing against the OP

Yes they were the seller. Nothing taken by your comment, all are welcome.
If I had won, and the coin didn't look as good or better, I have no issue returning peoples junk.

Thanks again for the input!
Eagle

Pillar of the Community
United States
4080 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  10:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great Southern is not shy about calling a coin Gem BU if it even comes close. The fact that they listed this as AU++ rather than mint state is a red flag that the photos are hiding something. Their photos are too pixelated to tell anything about the surface. They have a lot of positive feedback, but they also have a couple hundred revised feedbacks which were likely negative.
Pillar of the Community
United States
898 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  12:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sketchy photos at best.

That was a wise choice not to purchase this one.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
25230 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  11:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I thought that looked like some of their photos.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12936 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  11:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
if I had known this was a Great Southern coin my assessment would not have been as stated. this is one company that I wouldnt even consider looking at purchasing anything from them. what they do have are some good photographers that know how to manipulate a coins image. stay away from their site. you might be able to get a decent one every once in while buts not worth the risk
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 680Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: