Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Concentration Of Red Poppies And Coronations In Each Australian City Found By Noodlers?

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 1,308Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Australia
4519 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  5:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have never seen one in circulation.
My only coin is one from a PNC I bought when they came out for $19.95
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,800 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
Australia
830 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Basil to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So an update... 1 OFF circulated Red Poppy found not from coin rolls out of the machine but in a $50 bag of $2 coins from the bank! Location Brisbane.

Good one,local Tab manager has picked up 2 from the tills but none the last 3 or 4 years.
I had 6 in folders but sold 5 when they hit the $50 mark on Ebay,i thought it was another Ebay feeding frenzy that would fade away.
I couldn't believe it when they hit $100 and they have doubled+ since then.
My costliest mistake since I started collecting.
Edited by Basil
10/05/2022 6:43 pm
Australia
12 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  8:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PoppyHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here it is:

Pillar of the Community
Australia
1293 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  9:46 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nah I don't really believe that a mistake basil you made money and you thought it was a reason profit to have gain. I made the mistake of actually deciding not to buy a 2018 commemorative set even though I like it at the time didn't buy at least one for collection because I just thought they sure going to release more and it was early in my collection days :[ . oh well you live and you learn
Pillar of the Community
Australia
803 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2022  12:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent find PoppyHunter.

Quote:
1 OFF circulated Red Poppy found.....Estimated coins noodled is 40,000

That's good going. Let's see how long it takes you to find another. I found my one and only red poppy in circulation back in 2013.

That means I've found more red poppies than firefighter coins.
Learn More...
United States
118429 Posts
Australia
8 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2022  05:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add b0ssy11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I need some info help on this same coin but I got mine when they brought them out. However, the coin I have came in a trifold cardboard case mintmark C. As shown in photo provided. The info I am after is what is the mintage of these coins in the trifold folder?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1186 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2022  05:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The info I am after is what is the mintage of these coins in the trifold folder?

According to Numista 40,902 were produced. https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces39867.html

Australia
8 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2022  06:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add b0ssy11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ah, thank you coaster. I feel very silly now, I thought I had looked thoroughly for the info. I clearly missed that. Thank you very much!
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 1,308Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: