Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Can You Help Me Identify The Type Of This Fat Man Dollar 1914?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 264Next Topic  

Bulgaria
27 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  08:50 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add sac42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys,

I am looking for help identifying the variety on this China Fat Man Dollar from 1914.

Thanks!

Pillar of the Community
United States
1420 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  3:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Albert to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just looking at the posted pictures and comparing to the pages in Kann while reading the amount of variations, I'm one that could not help.
I'd be surprised to learn that anyone could.
And if the piece was accurately pin-pointed to the exact version, I'd like to know or learn how it was done.
If a less accurate ID is acceptable, then Ming has much better illustrations, but not as much variety descriptions.

Edit Added: I now see something that was wrong with my early reply. The topic line asked asked the type but the post asked the variety.

The type should be easy to identify but I did not do that because I was looking over all the varieties.
Edited by Albert
08/16/2022 6:06 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1159 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  3:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CalzoneManiac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a commonly faked coin. I would have that weighed and magnet-tested.
Bulgaria
27 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  3:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sac42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just looking at the posted pictures and comparing to the pages in Kann while reading the amount of variations, I'm one that could not help.
I'd be surprised to learn that anyone could.
And if the piece was accurately pin-pointed to the exact version, I'd like to know or learn how it was done.
If a less accurate ID is acceptable, then Ming has much better illustrations, but not as much variety descriptions.

Same haha, spent 1 day trying to see if I can see something, but nothing.
Bulgaria
27 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  3:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sac42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This is a commonly faked coin. I would have that weighed and magnet-tested.

It's genuine one, bought it from trusted auction and its the right weight and no magnetic.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
198 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  4:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gainn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The only one I can find that matches that design's particular elements is listed as a 1934.
http://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces21225.html
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 264Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: