Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A Letter From The Office Of The Director Of The United States Mint

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 1,050Next Topic
Page: of 2
Learn More...
United States
116100 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  3:43 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Who else got one in the mail?

Who else felt somewhat important, if only for a moment?
Learn More...
United States
116100 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3611 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  4:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry. I am NOT on speaking terms with the United States Mint at the current time. They know what they did. When they decide to apologize they know my number. IF I don't decide to change it!
ANA ID: 3203813 - CONECA ID: N-5637

Clothes Dryers are the Coin's natural enemy. NEVER store your coin collection in a dryer. This has been a Yokozuna Public Service Announcement. dryer coin
Learn More...
United States
116100 Posts
Valued Member
United States
411 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  5:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Reno32 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got that letter, and didn't get my enrollment silver eagle, what improvement.
Pillar of the Community
United States
943 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  8:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mfhorn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah.I got it, but I'm still waiting on the 2019-S Enhanced Reverse Proof ASE that I had in the cart at least 3 times, only to have it Stolen, probably by the FBI!!!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8042 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2022  05:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have no idea what this is about.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Learn More...
United States
116100 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United Kingdom
10922 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2022  10:14 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If the director of the British Royal Mint wrote to me, I'd send her a letter back asking her to stop making so many NCLT coins and go back to one or two commemoratives a year, with cupro-nickel 5 coins distributed through banks and post offices at face value as they used to be!
Learn More...
United States
116100 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2022  10:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...I'd send her a letter back asking her to stop making so many NCLT coins and go back to one or two commemoratives a year, with cupro-nickel 5 coins distributed through banks and post offices at face value as they used to be!
Valued Member
United States
68 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2022  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add barkeep to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I didn't get the letter even though I've been signed up for all of their notifications. If customer service was really a priority they might have a department that really provides CUSTOMER SERVICE!

I had an enrollment for the three coin roll set of American Women Quarters which worked fine for the first two issues. When I didn't receive the third, I called and was told that there was a problem with the charge so my enrollment was cancelled. Of course the enrollments for that item were closed so I couldn't sign up again and they wouldn't re-instate it. There was no problem with the card on file, if there had been my card would have sent me a notice. Someone at the mint messed up and I paid the price.
Learn More...
United States
116100 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  09:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Someone at the mint messed up and I paid the price
Learn More...
United States
39637 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  12:14 pm  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Mint is not in charge of what new coins they mint, but they could give some feedback to Congress.

Look to Congress to complain. What motivates a Congressperson?
Show your support of the Coin Community Family (click here)
See what CCF members have for sale (click here)
See my collecting interest - (click here)
Learn More...
United States
116100 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  12:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What motivates a Congressperson?
Starts with M and ends with Y and it is not Monday.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8230 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  1:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The Mint is not in charge of what new coins they mint, but they could give some feedback to Congress.

The Treasury Department/US Mint have been providing Congress with feedback on commemorative coins for ~100 years. Congress basically goes forward with its own plan based on the perceived importance of the coin to constituents and the potential benefits to the sponsoring member(s) of Congress.

Not an opinion. Documented fact.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1904 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  5:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add southsav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I got it, went straight into the trash. Further comment not necessary!
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 1,050Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.46 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: