Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

An Awesome 1981 Australian 5 Cent Misaligned Die Clash

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 500Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Australia
576 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  03:00 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I just found this beauty speciman of a coin.

Pillar of the Community
Australia
576 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  03:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Australia
576 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  03:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Think it's whole face opinions please
Learn More...
Australia
14658 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  09:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This time, it's a good one - that's certainly got all the hallmarks of a die clash, and quite a prominent one.

Not quite sure why you're labelling it "misaligned" - it looks normally aligned to me.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Pillar of the Community
Australia
576 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  09:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wasn't really sure what too call it but thank you sap, just need too know if it's clashed on entire face of Queen
Pillar of the Community
Australia
576 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  09:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've seen someone here on forum that matches reverse to obverse.
Valued Member
Learn More...
Australia
421 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  6:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice one Allcoinage, great find. I'm going to do a match up later on.

Is it normal for the echidna to be off centre like that or is it within tolerance?

And is the obverse upset like is shown?
The Ox moves slowly, but the Earth is patient.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
576 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  7:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure about if it's upset,I don't think it is but need too check this.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
576 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  7:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First one I've seen in awhile that has had this much die clash on it.
Valued Member
Learn More...
Australia
421 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  10:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I did an overlay of the two faces, my first attempt using paint.net.

Pillar of the Community
Australia
576 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  12:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow it's pretty much whole area of face and hair/tiara I'm stoked with this find.thank you for the overlay of photos done ttkoo
Pillar of the Community
Australia
576 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  01:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Front of coin its the left side of echidna even the number 5 is upside down, 2 claws one at back of hair and one on front near mouth and nose.

Valued Member
Learn More...
Australia
421 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  04:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No, not up side down, just mirrored sideways. take another look. What you say is the top of the 5, is the start of the hook of the 5.
Learn More...
Australia
14658 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  09:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Die clashes are mirror-reversed - what you're seeing is the middle corner of a backwards-5. Not rotated.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Pillar of the Community
Australia
576 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  12:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Right ok I feel upside down I just opened up 5 cent roll and found another 2021 die clash I will use new thread for it.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
576 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2022  7:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Finding it hard to determine which mint made this die clash.
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 500Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: