Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1963 Series $5 US Notes

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 460Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
2426 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  3:51 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
A friend inherited a pile of old notes, including some of those mentioned in the thread title. They are all circulated. Is there any value there? He wants to liquidate what he inherited. Thanks for your advice.
"Nummi rari mira sunt, si sumptus ferre potes." - Christophorus filius Scotiae
Bedrock of the Community
United States
46588 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Condition is everything. Check eBay sold values.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
3815 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  4:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Regular blocks in uncirculated condition bring $25-$50 and Star notes do about double that, some even better. The market for circulated notes is not quite as robust.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2426 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  9:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you.for your review. Looks like these won't set the world afire according to eBay. I passed this info along to the holder.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71747 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  9:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very little potential here.
Valued Member
United States
409 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2022  3:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1963 $5 in circulated EF40 grade are $10 in the price guide, with star notes being $17.50-25 and uncirculated are higher and more in demand as steveintampa mentioned. Real world pricing can vary greatly higher or lower depending on demand and supply and other factors so people start with the guide then check real world places like ebay sold listings or auction sold listings when needed.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2426 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2022  7:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Appreciate the follow-up, @datadragon. Will update the owner of these notes.
Pillar of the Community
United States
943 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2022  5:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add suipakpaikungfu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I usually buy these at $7-8 and ask $12-15 for them
Pillar of the Community
United States
2426 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2022  8:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, @suipakpaikungfu. Is that what a dealer would pay for them in general?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1782 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2022  10:28 am  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is that what a dealer would pay for them in general?

- I doubt a dealer would buy any circulated notes from the sixties unless they happened to be rare (like special # or uncommon replacement) & with exceptional eye appeal (ie, very lightly circulated EF or better). I could be wrong but I've tried selling notes from the 1950's & they simply weren't interested.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 460Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: