Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Quarter 1968-D Strike On SMS Planchet And DDO, DDR And RPM Together? Help

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 45 / Views: 1,743Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2381 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2022  7:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Silvio these are 2 different coins scale proves it. WK it will all make sense later on you have a good one.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2381 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2022  7:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Silvio I have just finally found the mate to your coin. I will send images. you have a great one. Silvio yours is very scares hard to find.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2381 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2022  9:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coop do you have any information on a strike through on a 1968 quarter Washington. Silvio coin has a strike through at the front of the R between quarter dollar.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2381 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2022  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Silvio I have received the coin. I have scaled the coin to yours not a match. Silvio I have searched every where for this coin. I am telling you it is impossible to find sorry Silvio
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3656 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2022  7:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes Rocky, apparently only 0.11% was struck, one die.Your coin it is RDV-007 not RDV-006. The RDV-007 is SCARCE the RDV-006 is RARE.
Edited by silviosi
09/11/2022 7:09 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2381 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2022  4:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Silvio yes thank you so much. I have checked lots of images. I went through a large amount of images nothing. still nothing has popped up on ebay. you have a great one.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2381 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Silvio I have found the trail to your quarter. there is a coin certified. this coin is at NGC. it is the beginning this coin belongs to someone that has it certified just as a quarter. once they find out there coin is part of the beginning. this will draw a lot of attention to this coin. your coin comes in at the midway point. I have found 2 coins that come after your coin. they still have the marker in place . this is all after a alteration to the die. your coin has the proof on it. where the alteration started. the coins I have at after the alteration. the proof is on the surface so very easy to prove. we need to talk
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3656 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  5:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So you has the same die who strike because was only one for this variety. Supper.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2381 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2022  3:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Silvio I have them all now. we dont need no permission. I have them all now. the one I cannot find is yours I know why . Silvio we have them all the last ones came in today. I will contact you later. you have a great one .
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2381 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2022  4:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
silvio the coin software it's now purchased. they are going to allow us in. this is getting real now. I will share you a demo as soon as I can. Silvio I want you to see this. the other end is RDV - 003. here is the image. what do you think of the tail feathers on the end of the arrow. see the extra small shaft .
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60422 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2022  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It would have to be a 'S' mint to be a proof coin that year. ( Red Book lists them as proof that year on the 'S' mints) 1965-1967 on SMS.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2381 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2022  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coop the problem is the arrow ends match RDV- 003. the tail feathers does not match any of the already catalogued coins. that the issue. but I would image Silvio already knows all this stuff anyway meaning he now for sure which one this is thank you for your help.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2381 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2022  8:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
here is the tail feathers of the RDV-003
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2381 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2022  12:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Silvio check out this brass center on a Washington quarter 1963 best part its certified PF 68 NGC
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2381 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2022  1:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
check this Silvio same quarter Designer initials
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 45 / Views: 1,743Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: