Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1985 D Lincoln Errors

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 406Next Topic  
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2022  02:04 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add garyc to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone I am brand new to the Coin World and am here to learn while I assist an elderly friend who started saving coins when she was 15 years old. She is 80 now. What she has is a ceder chest full of coins. Not in any order. She said she stopped putting coins in there about 20 years ago. It is possible to have some error coins but that is not my total focus. I will also be looking at the production numbers and sorting out more valuable ones. Anyway, today I am posting some pics of an error coin that is mine. My intention here today is to learn about the coin but mainly to become more familiar with this forum and learn about posting photos and looking for input for improvement
This 1985 d penny I have found a few others that are similar on line. I uploaded 2 photos of each side. The first to show the the coin still has some of its shiny surface, sorry I don't know the jargon yet,
The seems to be a few places that the letter look worn down Is it possible these thin letters are errors rather than normal wear.

United States
10 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2022  02:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add garyc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are some photos on the letters in question.
The (of) of America.
The (NT) of cent.
The (5) of the year.
The (AM)of America

Learn More...
United States
25486 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2022  06:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@gar, first welcome to CCF. Second, this cent looks relatively normal to me. I'm seeing a bit of circulation flattening on the letters, although they may also be weakly struck in places. Either way, I'd say within the normal range of mint output.

To help you along your learning journey, here are a couple websites well worth checking out: varietyvista.com and error-ref.com.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17093 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2022  07:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the forum.

There is nothing about your cent that can't be attributed to normal circulation wear.
If you want to learn about coins, you are going to have to do some reading and studying first.
Spence has given you some good websites to study plus on the sidebar there is much information.
Use the glossary to learn about terms and the US Coin Facts will give you the mintage and composition
of all US coins. Do not believe everything you read on YouTube, This is the best place to learn.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
73565 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2022  07:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12324 Posts
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2022  10:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add garyc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the responses. The most important thing I would like to know is if the photos are good enough. I will be posting more coins in the future and need feedback if the photos of the coin and their close ups are acceptable. Thanks again, garyc.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9721 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  7:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Larger , sharpphotos would help. [:i]
ša va bien aller

Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 406Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.26 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: