Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1921-P Walking Liberty Grade? Should I Slab?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 458Next Topic  
United States
33 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2022  10:33 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Msjudochop to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So I can't tell if this one has been cleaned or not. If it has the hairlines are not as easy to see as on the Barber dimes.

I do need help with grade of y'all don't mind. And should I have it slabbed?

Valued Member
United States
394 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  12:01 am  Show Profile   Check collector.detector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add collector.detector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It has definitely been cleaned at some point. It may be market acceptable, but the rim dents would probably detail it in a third-party holder. Fine details - rim damage. Personally, I don't mind the look of this coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
695 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  08:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add halfamind to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Decent looking coin, minus the rim damage. Should be F-12 or very close to it. Worth slabbing only if it would straight grade, IMHO.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
25711 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  08:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF-35 details, cleaned/rim nics.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
73559 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  09:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree VF details (cleaned. rim issues). Not a grading candidate for me.

to the CCF!
Edited by Coinfrog
09/25/2022 09:54 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
13356 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF details (cleaned & possible ED)

just because you see hairlines does not mean a coin was cleaned. there are other means of cleaning that do not leave them
Pillar of the Community
United States
1133 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes an ANACS slab would definately be a smart move. This coin in original VF is a $1,000 coin, even cleaned and with those minor rim scratches this example would go fast and hard at auction. I use ANACS for coins under $500 cost $16.00 plus shipping and insurance. I would actively bid on this one hoping to steal it at 4-500 bucks and retire my worn G-6 example. Your coin is scarce with these VF details
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
20370 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  10:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To slab or not would be dependent on the graded value of it, where the value is sufficiently high enough to justify the grading and return shipping fees.
Rule of thumb for some collectors for fee justification +$250 graded value
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1186 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  12:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TobyJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Low mintage, VF, worth slabbing as its got some value.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 458Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: