Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Possible 2020 Black Dime?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 549Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
823 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  4:29 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add robmck1967 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I was at the Vancouver coin show yesterday after a 2 1/2 year hiatus and one of the vendors had this dime he pulled out of a roll (never circulated) and put aside for me in 2020. It looks to be a so called black dime but of course would like opinions from you all. I have linked a previous and relevant thread below:

http://goccf.com/t/242098&whichpage...hTerms=black

And here are some pics. It sure was hard to take pics, especially with a phone. The first pic is the truest colour to having it in hand.

Please let me know your thoughts on this coin! Thanks everyone!
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
20337 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  7:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't be deceived.
This coin has been deliberately heated to red hot, then dunked into cold water.

I have fooled around with mint fresh coins like this myself, and released them back into circulation, just for fun.
You get some strange looks from check out chicks when you offer them for payment !
Some accept them, some don't, and some keep them.

What got my interest in the first place was the deceptive eBay offers.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
823 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  7:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add robmck1967 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe or maybe not Sel 691...that is why it is posted here!

I must say it looks very close to SPP's graded example in the link I provided for the Dime he purchased, studied, and then submitted for grading. Thanks for the reply though as I did say to the vendor that it could have been heated and that it would take some research to attribute it properly so your opinion is noted. Thank you.
Valued Member
Canada
56 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  5:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Beaver22 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A black dime? I've never heard these will be worth over face. Looks like it's just someone deliberately changing its colour.
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 549Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: