Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1939 10 Fen Spade Coin. I Cant Find Any Info

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 446Next Topic  

United States
3 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  8:15 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Elbywu to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have just recently inherited 200 pieces of 10 fen spade coins. They are magnetic and they are in excellent condition. My problem is I cant seem to find any listing or pictures of this coin from 1939. I have no ides what they sell for. I have found a little history about them, but I would realy like to know more. Does anyone out there have any knowledge of thisncoin and how many exist. It must be fairly rare for me me not to find any for sale or even pictures of the. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
Valued Member
United States
187 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  8:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add I6609 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can we please have some pictures obverse and reverse
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10060 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  8:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Photos--full, large and sharp would be wonderful.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
23042 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  9:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
A cultivated person is a citizen of the world*
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  9:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Elbywu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Learn More...
United States
25501 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  9:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@elb, first welcome to CCF. Second, this numista link should get you started. It looks like some are magnetic and others are non-magnetic, depending on whether the stock was pure nickel or a nickel alloy.

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces9381.html
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3516 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  9:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's not particular common but it's not scarce either.

At market price of lets say 3 - 5 dollars, the fees will eat into the sales if you sell individually. It still doesn't hurt to try a couple of sales to gauge what the market price is. Hopefully it's higher.
My partial coin collection http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/gxseries

My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm Regularly updated at least once a month.
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  08:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Elbywu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys! Good start... if anyone else has any other info, I would love to know. I can find alot of sales listings on the 1938 coins selling around $30. I can also find other years '36 amd '37, but no listing for the 1939 version. From what I have read, this Chinese mint was taken over by japan in 1940 during the war. Alot of coins were melted down for the nickel content. I guess my questionnis ...why cant I find any listings.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17110 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  08:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are several for sale on eBay,
this is one of them if you are looking for a value
Learn More...
United States
118621 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1110 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  11:06 pm  Show Profile   Check HoosierDaddy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add HoosierDaddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I always do OK on any 1936 "A" mint.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 446Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: