Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Changes Announced To Stamps, Coins, Bank Notes And Post Boxes For The Reign Of King Charles III

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 1,095Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
4834 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  11:07 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
572 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  12:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks TheForce, very useful info.

I quite like KCIII's cypher.

The Ox moves slowly, but the Earth is patient.
Pillar of the Community
United States
696 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  09:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A little info from The Royal Mint:

https://www.royalmint.com/aboutus/p...circulation/

The Royal Mint has already released some 2023 bullion with the Queen's image, Tudor series, Yale of Beaufort. Eventually the switch to King Charles III will come.
Edited by livingwater
09/28/2022 09:27 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
572 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  7:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks livingwater, good information.
Learn More...
United States
118370 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
512 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  02:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coopertron5000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The design for the new effigy has been selected, info here; https://www.royalmint.com/stories/c...ge-portrait/
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
512 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  03:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coopertron5000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also found this showing the design of a commemorative 50p and talk of a 5 coin.

https://www.royalmint.com/aboutus/p...charles-iii/
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
572 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  04:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Coopertron5000 and so it begins.
Learn More...
Australia
14811 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  06:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I'm shocked at how quick that approval was.

Then again, there's mints all over the Commonwealth that have their NCLT coinage put on hold until the new portrait arrives. So probably some pressure to make haste on that front.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4612 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  06:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The report says that Charles is happy with the portrait, so I am sure that there is not much left to hinder its use in the commonwealth.

I am sure that the new Canadian coins of 2023 will arrive with a bang and much promotion from the Royal Canadian Mint.
Learn More...
Australia
14811 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  07:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Canada has been using it's own Canadian-made portraits on coins since the 1990s; I'm wondering if the RCM will be continuing that trend, or using the British-made portrait for at least the next few years.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1146 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  4:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add andyg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This portrait was apparently produced from photographs about a year ago, and according to an article in the Times there was an earlier similar portrait produced with Charles at a younger age.

I wonder if RCM have something up their sleeve.
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  10:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ibagli to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Will this be allowed on non-UK coins, or will it be restricted for security reasons like the Jody Clark effigy of Elizabeth II? Jody Clark did a similar uncouped version for use elsewhere (it's on the most recent Australian coins), but I haven't heard anything about Martin Jennings having done so.
Edited by ibagli
09/30/2022 10:57 pm
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2104 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2022  04:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Will this be allowed on non-UK coins, or will it be restricted for security reasons like the Jody Clark effigy of Elizabeth II?

What security reasons?
Learn More...
United States
40484 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2022  06:19 am  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Show your support of the Coin Community Family (click here)
See what CCF members have for sale (click here)
See my collecting interest - (click here)
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 1,095Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: