Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Neat Pocket Change Nickels

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 1,028Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
56 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  11:25 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Vipes to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Nothing too special. Just thought they were neat finds.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2179 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  11:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nick10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
fun finds, the 43P looks like an RPM
Learn More...
United States
25507 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  11:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes these would all be keepers for me, especially the War Nickel. Well done.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60444 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  11:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Note the 1943-P nickel? That one has silver melt value. These have the mintmarks above the building. (also a lot of these have RPMs on them) These are called type two nickels. (war time issues WWII)

Note the location of the mintmarks on these these years?

CoopHome: Where there part Silver nickels? type 2 1943-1945 nickels, mintmark over the building
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
56 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  11:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Vipes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the info. I'm certainly going to hold onto them. Looks solid to my untrained eye.

Edited by Vipes
09/28/2022 11:48 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
2179 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  12:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nick10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for the closeup, the veritical part of the P looks thicker than usual, and there's a hint of serif doubling near the left limits of the P, but I'm not seeing any clear RPM markers, wear can hide those markers so this might still be an RPM
Learn More...
United States
118654 Posts
Valued Member
United States
56 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  2:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Vipes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the interest and information. I apologize about posting in the wrong forum.
Valued Member
United States
93 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  2:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nycstlrr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
73644 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  2:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking good!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1878 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  2:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cladking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's interesting that they are all in better condition than the average 1970 nickel and most are in much better condition than you can find a 1970 nickel.

Time don't fly, it bounds and leaps.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12365 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1940 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  5:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add southsav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF

Congrats on the finds. I need to start using cash again for purchases to get change. Somehow got into the habit of using the CC 99% of the time.

Keep 'em coming...

Canada
37 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  5:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SMRStars to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice, I do some CR hunting with my grandchildren (2, 4, 5 & 6) and so far they each have a neat collections started.
Valued Member
United States
356 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  6:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SpeedDemonND to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool finds!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8583 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2022  05:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds. I'll mention that your 1949-S is a semi-key date.

With a mintage of 9.7 million it's one of only 9 coins in the entire Jefferson series with annual mintage below 10 million. A keeper for sure.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 1,028Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: