Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Anyone Else Do The $3.85 Noodle?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 631Next Topic  
Valued Member
Australia
122 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  03:10 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add OzLeigh to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Whenever I get fuel I always get an amount that results in me getting $3.85 in change which almost always means I get 1 coin of each denomination.

5c + 10c + 20c + 50c + $1 + $2 = $3.85

Haven't found anything particularly exciting doing this yet but one day ....
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
567 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  04:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That will never happen for me......she who must be obeyed curtailed my use of cash years ago.
But good luck with your noodling, you'll need a few km's on the clock to get a big noodling pile happening.
The Ox moves slowly, but the Earth is patient.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1144 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  1:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OzLeigh, I'm happy you are able to do this. You must have a good trigger finger for the gas pump.

The best I could do here in the U.S. is 41-cents (1c + 5c + 10c + 25c). There ARE 50c and one dollar U.S. circulating coins out there in the wild, but I honestly can't remember if I EVER got any in change.

Also, I guess you Aussies no longer have paper ones and twos available.

The best thing I can try the next time I make a trip down south to Canada is use their paper money for gas, but I'd get $3.90 back. Actually, I'd just be better off buying gas before crossing the border as I'm pretty sure fuel is much cheaper here in the states.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2104 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good thinking. I always pay for petrol with a credit card so never get any change.
Valued Member
Australia
181 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  04:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add crab eater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No, but I will when I can in future, cheers for the tip OzLeigh
Pillar of the Community
4628 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  04:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
New Zealand would be $3.80 and it happened last week.

I paid $6.20 for a coffee and paid with a $10 note, the coins I got were

$2 - 2019, $1 - 2000, 50c - 2006, 20c - 2015, 10c - 2015
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 631Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: