Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1913 J German East African Rubie

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 484Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Italy
563 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  06:41 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Roma2021 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello all,

I have little reason to doubt the authenticity of this coin, but confirmation feels good. It is non magnetic, right diameter, and weighs 11.69/11.7 ... A little over, but pings right. The strike isn't great, but I haven't seen too many that are well struck... Thoughts?

Bedrock of the Community
Australia
20610 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  07:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
NGC World Coin Values image gives a good idea of how well struck these can be.
Based on those obv and rev pictures, it would be a bit unfair to judge the condition of your coin from your on screen pictures.

Not to worry, you may compare your coin with those pictures, to get a fair and accurate grading for yourself.

Use 10x magnification under good lighting conditions, just as the Third Part slab Graders would do.
Pillar of the Community
Italy
563 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  07:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Roma2021 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@sel... I know. That's what I did... I just like showing finds to the community to confirm or contrast my conclusions. Is this a subtle way to say I shouldn't? The only people I interact with about coins is on this forum.... I don't think there's another example of this coin on the forum, so someone way find the discussion useful; I have found many previous threads useful. Sorry if I broke some convention or norm.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4663 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  12:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Roma2021, I think that it is perfectly OK to ask for a second opinion.
Pillar of the Community
Italy
563 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  4:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Roma2021 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks @oriole. I find, on average, about 10-12 coins a week... Nearly all I can verify, but this isn't one I've handled before. The more I investigate the more I think it's an authentic specimen.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 484Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.24 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: