Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Please Help To Identify This Coin

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 740Next Topic  
Hungary
4 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  11:00 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Vajdadavidt5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I tried to identify this coin for a while but with no success. I hope someone with a better and deeper knowledge would be able to identify it. Thank you in advance.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1469 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  1:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Albert to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some attributes resemble what is known as a "copy coin".
Poorly made examples of ancient Chinese Cash.
The color is way too much.
The blue does exist on copy coins, but doesn't cover the whole coin.
The characters are awfully ragged and might be a different script apart from regular.
I have 50 or so coins like this, but better.
Only 5 out of the 50 were so bad they could not be correctly identified.
I'm eager to see what others have to say.
I start out by guessing what it is supposed to be?
Then start to think about Chun Hua YB cursive?
Edited by Albert
10/01/2022 1:18 pm
Learn More...
United States
25455 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  3:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This one is tough--I'm not finding a match in Hartill, although I suppose #16.57 comes somewhat close (Northern Song Dynasty, 1008-1016 AD). However, this coin is iron and uniface. @vaj, can you please post the weight, diameter, and whether this piece coin is attracted to a magnet? Thx.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
1469 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  5:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Albert to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Copy coins are generally smaller than normal and thin.
Script looks grass or cursive.
What might supposed to be Boo doesn't belong.
Some of mine are nonsensical or are so poor there's no correct indentity.
This could be another?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
22968 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  11:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
A cultivated person is a citizen of the world*
Learn More...
Australia
14811 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  11:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On the reverse is a very crudely rendered Manchu mint-name inscription, so it's date is Qing Dynasty or later, rather than Song.But the obverse may be copying a Song inscription, or may just be a random good-fortune phrase unrelated to any actual coin.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Learn More...
United States
118429 Posts
Hungary
4 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2022  9:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Vajdadavidt5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a lot you guys a great.
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2022  10:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add onethindime to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like an old Chinese cash imitation, most likely from Java or other areas of modern Indonesia. These usually circulated at a discount to the real ones brought by merchants. The exact age and origin would be hard to track down, but I don't believe it's modern. They are actually less common than authentic cash coins, at least in the US.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 740Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: