Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1917-D Buffalo Nickel For Your Consideration

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 621Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
384 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2022  12:56 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jerry Picker to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Obverse lamination. I like the strike on this one.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1969 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2022  6:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Weak/incomplete striking possibility aside, an AU-58 would not surprise
Bedrock of the Community
United States
13353 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2022  09:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU55
Bedrock of the Community
United States
25707 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  10:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-55. Looks like a plancet lam on the obverse.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
73521 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  10:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say AU-55 as well.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2106 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2022  9:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bandsdean to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU53. Nice original coin!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
73521 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2022  9:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All of your Buff pics on this and other threads seem to have the same light gray, washed-out look. Thoughts?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2452 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2022  9:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-53 for me!
Valued Member
United States
384 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2022  06:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jerry Picker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@coinfrog, I have a hard time getting good pictures of nickels. I will post an Unc one next. I think you'll see an improvement in the quality of the pic.
Pillar of the Community
United States
648 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2022  12:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JTCC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice strong AU...
Au-53.
Valued Member
United States
384 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2022  12:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jerry Picker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I figured it out Coinfrog. A white background is a lot better than a black.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
25707 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2022  1:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Much better photos!
Pillar of the Community
United States
6622 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2022  4:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
XF45 to AU50. The lamination does not appeal to me.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4339 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
13353 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2022  11:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
second set of photos much better. I'm still at AU55
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9616 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2022  12:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Put me in the AU-53 camp and let me also say (as a fan of your other Buff posts) that the second set of photos is a tremendous improvement.

The lamination is a planchet flaw and at least in my book it does not affect the technical grade in the slightest; although collectors wanting to put together a high-end set of Buffs would probably be more inclined to prefer coins without planchet flaws, lamination peels, etc. I have a higher grade1919-S Buffalo with a lamination peel, and it fills that Dansco slot just fine and dandy, but I'm not building a registry set, either.
Longhorn Coins & Exonumia
Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC - CCT #890

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 621Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: