Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My Small Roman Coin Collection

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 557Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2022  3:45 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add edteach to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2022  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add edteach to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am looking at a couple of coins from Roman Coin Bank out of England. Are they considered legit? https://www.romancoinbank.com/
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2022  12:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add the_sand to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello edteach. Welcome to CCF.
I looked at a few of your coins. It would be a lot easier, for people to see your coins, if you would paste the photos directly into your post, rather than putting links in your post.
I've never heard of the "Roman Coin Bank" store.
Here's a very popular ancient coin store : https://www.vcoins.com
They also sell medieval coins.
Edited by the_sand
10/04/2022 12:46 am
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
20370 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2022  01:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF.

I loaded only a few images; they take long time to bring the images to screen.
I agree with the_sand, and post one coin per post

Remove all coins from bezels.
Sell those or trade to buy more coins without bezels.

I also suggest Vcoins site for price comparisons; I usually list similar coins from lowest to highest prices, when viewing this site.
Learn More...
Australia
14818 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2022  02:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The RomanCoinBank shop seems legit enough. Personally, I'd recommend buying from in-country stores, rather than importing; any savings you might get from the cheaper pound these days could get eaten up by shipping costs, plus you never know if something will get held up in customs at either end.

There are plenty of US-based ancients dealers that could be recommended. FORVM ancient coins and Civitas Galleries are two that I've bought from, and I'm not even in America.

I'd recommend newbie ancients buyers staying away from eBay. Vcoins is kind of like "eBay for ancient coins", except the sellers are all vetted and fake-sellers are kicked off quickly, so it's "safer".
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Valued Member
United States
356 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2022  04:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SpeedDemonND to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice collection!
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2022  08:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add edteach to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the posts. I tried to post using the site here but when I pressed the image icon nothing would come up. I have pop up blocker so maybe that was it. I can log in on another browser and see if I can do it that way. Thanks again.
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2022  09:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add edteach to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Using a different Browser.

United States
11 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2022  4:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add the_sand to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You have some nice coins, edteach. My favorites, in order of most favorite first, are as follows.
1. The Caracalla denarius.
2. The Domitian denarius.
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2022  7:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add edteach to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. Roman coins are not my main thing to collect but I have been buying one here and there for about 20 years now. History is something that I am really interested in. It has so much to teach.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
20370 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  08:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
edteach:
You have a basic start to an educational collection of Roman coins.
Beware ...... If you keep going, the ancients 'bug' will bite you.
Learn More...
United States
118567 Posts
Valued Member
United States
253 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2022  2:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pendrak to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for posting.
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 557Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: