Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1972 D Cent On The Reverse On The Rim Of It What Would It Be Called

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 308Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
599 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2022  12:12 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add prisbrey1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
ok I have another rim question on the reverse on the rim what is it called and why is there 3 lines on the lower right side and does it add any value to it do people collect them

Bedrock of the Community
United States
47386 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2022  04:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe a Rim Fin,no added value.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
73337 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2022  08:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pretty normal looking coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
599 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2022  08:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add prisbrey1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ok thanks I'm still going to keep it though I appreciate you letting me know
Pillar of the Community
United States
8610 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2022  12:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not seeing anything unusual in the pictures provided.
How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Download and read: Grading the graders
Costly TPG ineptitude and No FG Kennedy halves
https://ln5.sync.com/dl/7ca91bdd0/w...i3b-rbj9fir2
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60360 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2022  12:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Usually they are more interesting when there is a thin fin on the edge of the coin:
Thin Rim Fin:

Strong Rim Fin:

The thin ones most often get flattened during the coin rolling process. So they are more desirable.

CoopHome: What is a Rim Fin? raised edge on the outside edge near the collar
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
599 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2022  4:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add prisbrey1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks coop I really appreciate it thanks for all your help it really does help and it means a lot to me just because there is on bad apple that doesn't like the answer you gave him doesn't mean you throw out the whole bushel there are more people that do appreciate everything that you do for us than there in't and I'm one of them that appreciates everything that you do for me
Pillar of the Community
United States
599 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2022  4:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add prisbrey1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i forgot to ask what causes a Rim Fin
Bedrock of the Community
United States
47386 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2022  4:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Click on the blue highlighted Rim Fin.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
599 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2022  4:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add prisbrey1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
so the die strikes with different pressure each time
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 308Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: