Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

.50 Coins Found At Bank

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 787Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6113 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2022  3:14 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
When I go into the Bank I ask for any thing different and this is what I got, 4 .50 coins for $2

1976 regular circulated - no pic
1995 may make MS
1995 2 coins from the Birds of Canada Series #3 and #4

Learn More...
United States
118320 Posts
Valued Member
United States
445 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2022  09:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Raised on rock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice pick up.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8489 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2022  2:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely an unusual "bank find" - Congrats!

Someone didn't know they were turning in sterling silver "bird coins"!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
10/08/2022 2:24 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6113 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2022  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Someone didn't know they were turning in sterling silver "bird coins"!

I'd like to know where the other 2 for the set are. I'm sure it was not a collector that cashed them in.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8489 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2022  09:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'd like to know where the other 2 for the set are

Maybe the coins were spent at different locations and the others wound up at a different bank as a result of the store where they were used?

Quote:
I'm sure it was not a collector that cashed them in.

I'd hope not!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Valued Member
Canada
308 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2022  11:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cdngmt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I suspect they were from a collector but not cashed in by them....possibly stolen; possibly pilfered
Valued Member
United States
356 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2022  07:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SpeedDemonND to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9948 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2022  09:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Always good to leave a bank with a handful of fun stuff.
Edited by ijn1944
10/19/2022 09:01 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6113 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2022  09:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I always ask if they have any thing different even if it's not my bank.
Learn More...
United States
118320 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2022  09:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I suspect they were from a collector but not cashed in by them....possibly stolen; possibly pilfered
Or inherited by someone who never understood the hobby.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 787Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: