Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

US Air Force Bronze Medal

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 677Next Topic  
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13952 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2022  4:32 pm Show Profile   Check Dearborn's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
It looks like the Mint is releasing the Military service medals in bronze now
starting with the U.S. Air Force Bronze Medal for $20.00
Or have I not noticed this before now? - at any rate, I'm getting one of each to go with my silver medals.

https://catalog.usmint.gov/us-air-f...id=vizsearch
Edited by Dearborn
11/29/2022 4:42 pm
Learn More...
United States
120678 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2022  4:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am not sure if I was aware of them or not, but it is good to know.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3376 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2022  5:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sweet, Thanks Dearborn...... I Too had no idea.... These are Awesome .... Silver for Me .......
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8717 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  09:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the "Heads Up!"

I recalled reading about the future bronze medals last year when the Mint released the first silver medal of the series - the Air Force medal.

It took a minute to track down, but I found the brief mention of the bronze medals in a June 2021 Press Release. It's nice to see the Mint following through on its promise.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Learn More...
United States
120678 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  11:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It's nice to see the Mint following through on its promise.

I might have to look into these as they are more affordable and will give my other bronze medals some company.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13952 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13952 Posts
Valued Member
United States
286 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2022  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Erscolo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First the 2.5 ounce silver, then the one ounce silver, now a bronze (which you have to pay for a display case separately). I am running out of room.
Edited by Erscolo
12/01/2022 6:41 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13952 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8717 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2022  6:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
here is the Bronze version of the US Air Force Medal

Looks good in bronze!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13952 Posts
Learn More...
United States
120678 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2022  12:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Well, here is the Bronze version of the US Air Force Medal - It is the same size as the Ike dollar (but a tiny bit thicker) and weighs 0.909oz
I like it! I am going to add the bronze medals to the list. Maybe I will grab some while I still have free shipping this year. I do have one bronze medal (bought singly, I am not counting those included in the C&C sets) and it may need some friends.

Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 677Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: