Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

For Sale: Sterling Silver Below Melt

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 1,699Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
475 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2022  1:22 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jaxenro to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I listed these on eBay at below melt value but if your interested message me here

Cash or trade for 90% or ASE

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185681002761
Pillar of the Community
United States
1180 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2022  3:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You factoring in that sterling is only 925 pure?
Valued Member
United States
475 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2022  5:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jaxenro to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I factored that in the weight

Also used spot of $23 but it's negotiable
Valued Member
United States
475 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2022  10:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jaxenro to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Spoons and forks are 100% sterling

Knives I estimated the handle weight based on a person who removes the blades and uses the handles for other items. He weighed the handles without blades for this pattern and I used a slightly lower weight than he received

If you check eBay for this pattern and individual items I am considerably less
Pillar of the Community
United States
2270 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2022  1:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trdhrdr007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Knives I estimated the handle weight based on a person who removes the blades and uses the handles for other items. He weighed the handles without blades for this pattern and I used a slightly lower weight than he received

If you check eBay for this pattern and individual items I am considerably less

Your price is definitely lower than other listings for this pattern & there is some variability in handle weights. Does the person that removes handles have a website? Could be helpful for future reference.
Valued Member
United States
475 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2022  2:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jaxenro to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No but if you look at eBay you can see people who reuse the handles to make things like corkscrews and bottle openers. I just contacted one who was using the La Scala pattern and asked him to weigh a handle for me
Valued Member
United States
475 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2022  08:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jaxenro to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As a base line for trades I was thinking 40 assorted ASE's or $65.00 face dimes and or quarters
Pillar of the Community
United States
1180 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2023  09:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
People have been selling it for more than melt on eBay, at least in smaller quantities. Of course the seller gets 13% taken off that and has to pay shipping
Valued Member
Canada
298 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   10:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westy00 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Machine20 ebays fee structure is insane. They are now charging selling fees on the shipping and taxes . My fees after taxes in Canada on a $5 coin were 32 % .
Learn More...
United States
41824 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   10:17 am  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sell here, no fees.
Show your support of the Coin Community Family (click here)
See what CCF members have for sale (click here)
See my collecting interest - (click here)
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 1,699Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: