Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Presumed 1913-S Buffalo Nickel Type 1

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 406Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
731 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2022  8:04 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add halfamind to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
As you can see, there's not much left of this one. The only date clues are the reverse mound (Type 1) and the S mintmark. Any thoughts on if this would grade AG03 or would it be poor? Good news is this was a bargain bin pickup a few years back and cost only a few cents. Sorry in advance for the poor quality photos, but it shouldn't matter with this one.

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Pillar of the Community
United States
1224 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2022  8:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Indeed a 13-S Type 1.

I don't know if it would get a numerical grade.

These are worth 5 bucks without the date.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
74977 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2022  8:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awfully close to gradable.
Learn More...
United States
26063 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2022  9:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since some folks assemble sets in the lowest collectible state, I wonder if this isn't actually worth submitting to see if it will straight grade. I'm interested to hear others' thoughts.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
731 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2022  9:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add halfamind to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you @numis and @coinfrog. Appreciate your thoughts. Gotta love how there's just enough left to nail down a year and a mint!
Pillar of the Community
United States
731 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2022  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add halfamind to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting thought @spence. Certainly a low-ball candidate, for sure but there's probably a higher population of the low-grade 1913-S Type 1 than most U.S. coins.
Edited by halfamind
12/05/2022 9:21 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
18456 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2022  11:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll call FR-02 .
Tony

For Butch & Jim rest in peace .
Bedrock of the Community
United States
26118 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2022  12:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd go with FR-2. No doubt this is a 13-ST1.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 406Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.24 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: