Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Latest Banknotes Acquisition. List Them Here.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,795 / Views: 203,670Next Topic
Page: of 187
Pillar of the Community
United States
5476 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2022  2:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I won this in a contest in another forum. With the death of QE II, this probably is worth a million $ on etsy. When should I sell?

Cool thing about this is that its Pick 58 and AU58. Someone should try to get all the Pick# and grades the same

Pillar of the Community
United States
2555 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2022  10:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It has been a while since I got another addition for my Netherlands Type Set, but today I found in the mail a 100 Gulden note from 1992, UNC.

The only note I am still missing is the 20 Gulden from 1955.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1822 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  7:59 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That's a nice one walk2 water.

-thanks bud!

Nice Birds $20, first signature variety P-58 & AU58, which is perfectly centred (not always seen for that series)!

Quote:
The only note I am still missing is the 20 Gulden from 1955.

-That's a lovely 100 Gulden & good luck finding the 20 NumisEd.

Here's P-75a, a 1000 Dinar from Yugoslavia, with a happy worker featured on the obverse & likely the factory (or mine) where he works:

Valued Member
United States
356 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  11:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SpeedDemonND to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
More wonderful notes!
Bedrock of the Community
United Kingdom
11342 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  08:21 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got this on Saturday from a coin shop in Paris. It's the last type of 200-franc note issued before the Euro was introduced. I got it for much less than the original face value as it's now been demonetised. It was the last note in this series that I needed - I saved the 50F and 100F from circulation before 2002 and bought a 500F cheaply a few years ago, but the 200F seems to be the most elusive note of the series. I certainly remember in the 1990s that it was more usual to get 100F notes than 200F notes in change. The note shows Gustave Eiffel and his masterpiece, the Eiffel Tower:

Pillar of the Community
United States
5476 Posts
Learn More...
United States
118567 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Germany
826 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  1:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice note NumisRob.

Quote:
It's the last type of 200-franc note issued before the Euro was introduced. I got it for much less than the original face value as it's now been demonetised.

So, someone lost a lot of money by not exchanging it for Euros. Right?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Sweden
1206 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  5:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add erafjel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That Eiffel note is really nice.

Quote:
So, someone lost a lot of money by not exchanging it for Euros. Right?

Yes, I guess so. They could be exchanged for euros until 2012, any notes left after that were "worthless" (except to us collectors, of course). According to Banque de France, banknotes to a value of more than 500 million were never exchanged - of that more than 5 million notes of the 200 francs Eiffel!
Edited by erafjel
09/26/2022 5:45 pm
Valued Member
United States
103 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  8:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add LongBeard to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"So, someone lost a lot of money by not exchanging it for Euros. Right?"

Not necessarily, uncirculated ones sell for $60 to $70 on ebay. 200 Francs converts to $30.39 (31.54 EUR) right now.
Pillar of the Community
Germany
826 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  01:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Not necessarily, uncirculated ones sell for $60 to $70 on ebay. 200 Francs converts to $30.39 (31.54 EUR) right now.

Oh, I am genuinely surprised to hear (read) this.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Sweden
1206 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  02:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add erafjel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
uncirculated ones sell for $60 to $70 on ebay

Prices like that are pretty unusual I would say. More like 15-25 USD I think.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2555 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  08:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Not necessarily, uncirculated ones sell for $60 to $70 on ebay.

eBay is overpriced.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1293 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  2:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't collect world banknotes, and these aren't truly "new" acquisitions; however, I just found these last night in a scrapbook my Mom kept on my Dad's career in the Navy.

Dad spent time aboard a couple different ships which had long tours of duty in Southeast Asia in the 1950's, and an envelope of notes he kept as souvenirs was in the scrapbook. Somehow I've missed noticing the envelope before. Here is a sampling of some of the notes in the envelope.

My U.S. Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278808/
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
My 20th Century U.S. Type Set - Proofs only, No Gold https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/co...sets/396301/
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
526 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  6:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bas S Warwick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all for showing some very nice notes.

I received a package from a friend today containing 3 Zambian Notes.

Edited by Bas S Warwick
09/30/2022 6:23 pm
Page: of 187 Previous TopicReplies: 2,795 / Views: 203,670Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: