Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Old Bills Found In Circulation! Post Yours!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,238 / Views: 270,415Next Topic
Page: of 83
Pillar of the Community
United States
587 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2022  12:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jeffbuckes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Today I made a withdrawal of $1,000 in $20s

@ckrakowski

I withdraw 500 in 10s every month, search them for small heads, but haven't found anything in 2+ years. Used to find one here and there, but not anymore. Always, always getting crisp, unc bills in sequential order... which, I suppose, some collectors would love. Oh, well. The small heads are still out there, in envelopes and drawers and piggy banks, but they don't get redeemed very often, and I'm finding them less and less often.

PS: I withdraw ten-dollar bills because small businesses can't always get them. Most ATMs still dispense 20s and small businesses need the 10s for change. Not that I don't like Jacksons, just trying to keep Hamilton in circulation - big head or small!

PPS: A national bank in my area dispenses 1s, 5s, 10s, 20s, and 100s at its larger ATMs, but not 50s. Shame. I love 50s!
Valued Member
United States
69 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2022  1:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinhunter58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What year is the web note? I can't make it out.
Valued Member
United States
308 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2022  2:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luckyrollers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What year is the web note? I can't make it out.

@coinrollhunter58 - Web notes are series 1988a, 1993, and 1995
Valued Member
United States
109 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2022  12:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Skippy Topaz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Brought this 1969-B in from circulation today.. gave him some soup and a warm blanket,,, I figure he's earned it

Edited by Skippy Topaz
09/21/2022 12:13 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1286 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2022  02:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a long-lived single there, Skippy Topaz! Must have spent a lot of years in someone's savings jar .
My U.S. Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278808/
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
My 20th Century U.S. Type Set - Proofs only, No Gold https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/co...sets/396301/
Learn More...
United States
118429 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2022  10:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Brought this 1969-B in from circulation today.. gave him some soup and a warm blanket,,, I figure he's earned it
Fantastic!
Valued Member
United States
109 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2022  11:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Skippy Topaz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A buddy of mine sent me this image, he got it at when someone spent it at the store he works at.. Not in terrible shape considering how old it is .. does have some staining but always surprises me to see these out and about still in circulation :-)

Learn More...
United States
118429 Posts
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
305 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2022  12:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hondo Boguss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure if this counts, but on the morning after Hurricane Laura destroyed my town of Lake Charles, LA I ventured out to survey the destruction. In the street I found this 50 folded as shown in first pic. Unfortunately not a US 50!

Inordinately fascinated by bits of metal with strange markings and figures
Learn More...
United States
118429 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1215 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2022  3:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CalzoneManiac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Neat!
The exchange rate for that note is $1.71, so it's not totally worthless, but still. If only it was really worth $50.
Valued Member
United States
109 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2022  12:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Skippy Topaz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not really that old, but found this rollover pair of $20s from 1996 that are in remarkably crisp condition for their age .. saved them just long enough to post a pic :)

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
305 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2022  1:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hondo Boguss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got this beater 1934 $20 in change right before the pandemic lockdown! Must be worth at least $20
Inordinately fascinated by bits of metal with strange markings and figures
Learn More...
United States
118429 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2022  1:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Not really that old, but found this rollover pair of $20s from 1996 that are in remarkably crisp condition for their age .. saved them just long enough to post a pic :)
Fun pair!

Quote:
Got this beater 1934 $20 in change right before the pandemic lockdown!
Nice find.
Quote:
Must be worth at least $20
Pillar of the Community
United States
1215 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2022  4:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CalzoneManiac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds. It's been quite a while since I have seen an older-style $20.
Page: of 83 Previous TopicReplies: 1,238 / Views: 270,415Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.51 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: