Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Daily      Weekly      Monthly      Yearly      Add New Event

Events for Friday, October 14, 2022

New Hampshire Coin & Currency Expo

Last Friday I went to the New Hampshire Coin & Currency Expo, held at the Doubletree in downtown Manchester.
I had hoped to find some world coins for my Set of Commemorative Coins of Composers, and perhaps buy a $5 National Park Service Gold Commemorative, a 2014 Proof Silver Quarter set, and junk silver.
When I arrived at around 2 PM after an hour drive from work, the show was busy but not crowded. I talked to several dealers, and they said the largest crowds had already come and gone in the morning.
I browsed through the entire hall which was absolutely huge. Much larger than the Baystate Coin Show, but a little bit smaller than the shows in Baltimore and Long Beach.
There were plenty of slabbed classic eagles for sale and lots of Morgan Dollars. There were a handful of world coin dealers who mostly had more expensive pieces for sale ($100+). At the end however, I found a dealer I had done business with in the past who sold me a 20 Schilling Haydn commemorative for $3.
There was only one dealer (out of about a hundred) who sold $5 gold commemoratives, but they did not have the National Park Service coin. Nobody seemed to sell proof silver quarters set. Junk silver typically went for 25x face which I thought was way too high. As a result, I didn't buy any.
All in all, the expo was disappointing to me. I spend two hours driving, spend good money on gas, parking and entrance fees, which in hindsight does not make sense if you only spend $3 on one coin.
I think I will skip this show in the future and only go the Baystate Coin show and larger, more internationally oriented shows like those in Baltimore, Chicago, Long Beach, and New York.

Posted by NumisEd

Previous Month October 2022 Next Month
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
Upcoming Events

January 12
57th Annual Hot Springs Coin Show - January 2023

January 13

January 14

February 1
CCF's Birthday

February 1
CCF's Birthday

Recent Events
November 19
November 18
October 30
October 29
October 28

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: