Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Best Online Coins For Sale Website?

First Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 7,303Next Topic Page 2 of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1620 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2012  02:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add daniels to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sorry just looked he is in anchorage close to the army base here... there isn't many coin dealers in this state
Learn More...
United States
16393 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2012  02:39 am  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mike's a good guy and very fair ;-)
Pillar of the Community
United States
3275 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2012  02:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add murrellington to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I bought coins a few times from ACE Mike, was pleased every time.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
18587 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2012  04:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think good honest and competent eBay'ers could do with a bit of a lift.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20246 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2012  11:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The previously mentioned Alaska Coin Exchange is a good one but since you are in NY, I will recommend a dealer from Patchogue- http://www.millersmint.com/

And if you ask them to put you on their mailing list, you get a fantastic almost multipage catalog every once in a while. Just got mine a week ago and it was 8 pages full of coins.
their location is 3131 East Main Street, Patchogue,New York, 11772
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
1102 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2012  9:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joeturbo26 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
justcarl and biokemist, I just returned today from millers mint in Patchogue. First glance, I thought to myself..."they look like they have nothing in this place"... OH MY WAS I WRONG! With my list in hand of wheaties I needed... Out of the vault comes the most well organized, graded, neat, meticulously kept plethora of coin after coin after coin... each with detailed attributes type written even down to the "good grades". The gentleman who helped me was not Mr. Miller himself, but a man who spoke of Mr. Miller as if he were the wizard of oz. After I left, I have never in my life wanted to meet a Mr. Miller so bad!

In total I walked out with about 12 great wheaties.. only 13 more needed to complete my entire collection of Lincolns from start to date.

I wish I lived closer to the place, I am about 1 1/2 hours away in Manhattan, otherwise I'd be there everyday!

thank you thank you thank you!
Learn More...
United States
14463 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2012  9:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are some I have used, and was satisfied with the service.
www.coastcoin.com
www.northeastcoin.com
www.centercoin.com
www.cybercoins.net
www.jakesmp.net
www.littletoncoin.com
www.coinsonline.com
www.collectons.com
www.coinland.com
www.coinstoreonline.com
www.usmint.gov
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12437 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2012  10:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add biokemist6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am glad that you got hooked up Joe I also happened to purchase a group of wheaties from him at a show a few years ago. Harry Miller is truly one of the good guys in the numismatic world and he is very friendly to all comers.
Valued Member
United States
238 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2012  09:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rycolemet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can probably get the best deals on ebay if you are patient (and only deal with auctions). However, the risk of a misrepresented coin is also quite high. I personally will take on the extra risk.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1102 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2012  10:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joeturbo26 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just received a coin from Mike @ Alaska Coin. Couldn't be happier. I highly recommend him to anyone and thank you all for your advice on checking his site out.
Valued Member
Spain
134 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2012  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silvermaniac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't find much difference in terms of services between the online sellers I've tried; I can't remember having a bad experience with any; though I prefer the ones that accept PayPal (just in case).

The main problem I find with most of them is their websites; I mean, most of the interfaces are quite bad (i.e. some mix all the coins together, some overcomplicate the categories and the search, some don't offer pictures, and so on...)

Since I mainly buy silver coins I get the bullion at silver-eagle-coins.com and weightoncoin.co.uk, and the rest in silveragecoins.com and a couple of ebay sellers I've known for years.
Valued Member
United States
270 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2012  7:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrh757 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have also had great dealings with Mike from ACE...He help me out when I as just getting started...Great Guy.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
20246 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2012  8:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
joeturbo26

Hopefully you asked to be put on their mailing list. Like I said their catalog it impressive too.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
1102 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2012  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joeturbo26 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Justcarl I just got it in the mail yesterday and placed an order today on my drive to work LOL
Pillar of the Community
United States
1244 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2021  4:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anyone familiar with coastcoin.com ?
Page 2 of 2   Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 7,303Next Topic  
First Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05