Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your United Kingdom (Great Britain) Coin Acquisitions.

First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,454 / Views: 193,500Next Topic
Page: of 164
Learn More...
United States
106270 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2021  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Another hiding in there that for the longest time I thought was a proof but it isn't.
Lovely!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
New Zealand
3154 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2021  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just love your gold!!!

The 1997 Britannias are sublime.

Gold is way too rich for my blood, I have to stick to silver sadly.

The shine of a 200 year old halfcrown will dry my tears.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10083 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2021  10:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Princetane, NumisRob and jbuck thanks. I have one more Great Britain gold coin.
It is rarely seen for sale. It would be the last of them I would part with.
Posted it before but might as well re-post here to keep them together.
Not the lowest minted by a long shot but seldom seen. I have the Sterling proof as well.

1999 Diana Gold Five Pounds Proof

Year of issue 1999
Finish Proof
Diameter 38.61 mm
Denomination 5 Five Pound Crown
Total Weight 39.94 Grams
Metal/alloy .917 Gold
Minted by Royal Mint
Mintage limited to 7500
This coin No 2155
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Edited by TNG
11/17/2021 10:02 pm
Learn More...
United States
106270 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Australia
925 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2021  5:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
TNG - Your image icons are broken. Images from other posters seem fine.
Learn More...
United States
106270 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  08:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For those who are using Chrome or Chromium based browsers (Edge, Opera, etc) and cannot see CCF Gallery images, please try this:

• Click on the padlock in the address bar.

• Click on site settings.

• Under Permissions, scroll down to 'Insecure content' and set to Allow.

• Reload the page and images should load.

This will only affect CCF. Mixed content will remain blocked on all other sites until you allow it.

For those who are using Firefox:

• Click on the padlock in the address bar.

• Click the down arrow where it says 'HTTPS-Only Mode' and select 'Off Temporarily'

• Page will reload automatically

Pillar of the Community
Australia
925 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  2:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is no Site Settings option at present. Am on work PC so suspect it has been disabled for security purposes.
Learn More...
United States
106270 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
9586 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  6:57 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks TNG for sharing the photos! The Diana 5 looks so different as a Gold Proof! Lovely!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
New Zealand
3154 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2021  01:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, all that gold in one place

David - I think you are having some serious computer issues, because I am on Chrome, have an old computer (2014) and all sorts of annoying Norton pop ups and can see everything fine, gold, worn shillings and all.

Speaking of worn shillings, just brought a mountain of British sterling silver at bulk + 30% prices. Some better coins in this lot (1887 Young Head shilling, 1835 shilling, 1842, 1853 and 1860 shillings amongst others).

Will show when they get here!
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
United Kingdom
1 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2021  1:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rhd37 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@JBuck, thanks for the info worked perfectly for me
Learn More...
United States
106270 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2021  1:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
@JBuck, thanks for the info worked perfectly for me
Happy to help.

And to the Community!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
New Zealand
3154 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   04:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is my latest attempt at beefing up the shilling collection on the cheap. Like in August, I did some bulk buying of shillings.

A bulk silver seller which I have bought off in the past got in a few worn and average silver shillings and he listed them in lots of 6 for $50 each (Well above melt, but figure the cost of GST and the fact TradeMe charges a 10% success fee, which would bring the coins to about 20% over melt).

He had about 15 lots and all were sterling silver coins (Meaning all at least 100 years old). I bought 5 of the lots and on average each lot of 6 contained 3 or 4 1910s GV coins, 1 Edward and 1 or 2 Victorian coins.

There was also a loose lot of an 1835 Shilling in VG which cost $19 and a pair of 1887 including a Young Head (Worn but a scarce coin) I brought for $25.

Of the 33 coins I managed to add 20 to my collection.

These are 8 gems, including 1818, 1835, 1842 and 1855 top row. Bottom row is 1858, 1860, 1880 and 1877 (Die 7). Generally I would not get crazy about worn shillings, but here in NZ Victorian young heads are hard to find in any condition and if you do see them in bulk lots like this, its always a super worn 1880 something or very late 1870s. Getting pre 1870 is a triumph, 1842 is a revelation!

The best coin of all these was this slightly dinged 1860 shilling, its basically a Fine and a pretty scarce coin worth around $30 - $40 in my book.

As you can see, this is a good coin!

The 1835 William was worth it too at $19, mainly as its a scarce date and despite being worn, an honest coin with great circulation cameo.

Its a decent VG condition piece.

Less pleasing but still a nice surprise is this 1887 Young Head, in this year of Jubilee, the first coins were Young Heads and nearly all of these are scarce if not rare.

More to come...
Edited by Princetane
Yesterday 04:25 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
New Zealand
3154 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   04:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Other great coins included these for my collection

Again most of these will end up as spacefillers like the first lot, but they will do for now.
Top row - 1895, 96, 97, 99, 1902 shined up, 1906
Bottom row - 1908, 13, 15(This one will have a REAL short life in my collection), 1916 and 1917 (Both nice).
NOT SHOWN - 1891 - Very dire, but I did forget it.

Finally the leftovers - good for me as they make great spacefillers and good for silvers stack, silver at $24 US and ounce, if it goes to $40 I can sell these babies and get some $$$$$ to buy more shillings.

And I have just brought a 1739 shilling (Plumes and Roses, Fine).
Edited by Princetane
Yesterday 04:21 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
New Zealand
3154 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   04:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also 2 mixed lots of sterling silver sixpences and threepences - These were cheap.

11 6ds, all but 3 are 1910 KGV coins. Victorian Young Head 6d coins are even harder to get here than the shillings!

Worn but nice 1879 6d and nice 1902 and 1908 coins. The 1902 is very nice (VF stained)

The Threepences, I got 18 coins for just $37 (The 6ds cost $42).

Most were again KGV and this was a good lot, usually lots of sterling 3ds include 1 or more 1920s half silver coins.

2 kind of okay 1890s 3d's (1890 and 1896), 3ds from the 1800s are always superworn here. These are as good as bulk silver coins get from the era (G and VG).

Again some nice early 20th century stuff!

Thats my latest buy in, hope you liked.
Page: of 164
Previous TopicReplies: 2,454 / Views: 193,500Next Topic  
First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.65 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: