Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Canadian Tokens

First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 876 / Views: 93,572Next Topic
Page: of 59
Valued Member
Canada
271 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2022  12:27 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisCat's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisCat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great example, Gene. And thanks to Ainsivalavie for that roster.
Valued Member
Canada
182 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2022  2:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ainsivalavie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
And thanks to Ainsivalavie for that roster.

In the same kind, for those who are interested, I had produced a few months ago on the NumiCanada forum (Unfortunately only in French), some census with photos & pedigrees of known specimens for several rare tokens & coins.

Among them:

- LC-18 (Breton #564) - 17 specimens (To date):
https://numicanada.com/forum/viewto...f=13&t=35297

- LC-11C (Breton #525) - 14 specimens (To date):
https://numicanada.com/forum/viewto...f=13&t=35306

- MT-4 (Breton #567) - 14 specimens (To date):
https://numicanada.com/forum/viewto...f=13&t=35308

- BL-51 (Haxby-Willey #268) - 9 specimens (To date):
https://numicanada.com/forum/viewto...f=13&t=35329

- Breton #501 (15 Sols 1670A) - 18 specimens (To date):
https://numicanada.com/forum/viewto...f=13&t=35468

etc.
Edited by ainsivalavie
12/04/2022 2:17 pm
Valued Member
Canada
271 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2022  09:43 am  Show Profile   Check NumisCat's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisCat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is amazing information. Have you published anywhere else?
Valued Member
Canada
182 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2022  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ainsivalavie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This is amazing information. Have you published anywhere else?

@NumisCat: Thanks.
Eventually, it was planned for certain varieties, but I have too many projects in writting progress, so I ran out of time (and I was also waiting to get more feedback and do more research).
Edited by ainsivalavie
12/05/2022 10:58 am
Valued Member
Canada
182 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2022  7:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ainsivalavie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
In the same kind, for those who are interested, I had produced a few months ago on the NumiCanada forum (Unfortunately only in French), some census with photos & pedigrees of known specimens for several rare tokens & coins.

Among them:
... ... ... ...

I'd forgotten about this one:
- Mule NF-4 (Variation Breton #955) - 5 specimens (To date):
https://numicanada.com/forum/viewto...f=13&t=35444
Valued Member
United States
455 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2022  12:14 am  Show Profile   Check daltonista's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add daltonista to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

While in the process of neatening things up around here today, I found this nice Nova Scotia halfpenny token hiding out where it didn't belong. Interestingly, among both the British 1811-1820 tokens AND in the Canadian colonial series, it's the only token that bears the "Success to Navigation & Trade" legend. Withers reports five distinct varieties, while Charlton omits the double-punched "N" on the obverse picked up in Withers as W1427.

This specimen is ex-Doug Robins via a Spink auction a few years ago in which I managed to win a half dozen excellent additions to the Non-Local or Anglo-Canadian corner of my collection. The image below is from Spink and was seriously overbrightened for their catalog; in hand the token is a nice milk-chocolate brown. It's NGC-slabbed at AU-55 BN and holds the top pop spot with none others graded. ( PCGS reports none graded as well.)

BR 888, CH NS-23A1, Davis 68, Withers 1426 (RR).

I never pay too much for my tokens...but every now and then I may buy one a little too soon.

Valued Member
United States
484 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2022  09:26 am  Show Profile   Check 1960NYGiants's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 1960NYGiants to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent example @daltonista
LM of RCNA
Member of CATC
Learn More...
United States
120433 Posts
Valued Member
Canada
164 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2022  12:13 pm  Show Profile   Check blargish's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add blargish to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some extra-numismatic activities had drawn me away from colonial tokens for a while, but I was drawn back into the vortex with the following pickups.

The Riseing Sun Tavern token Wood 24 (BL-41) and a very lightweight Lees 3 (BL-24A3).

After swinging and missing on a few examples of the Rising Sun Tavern token over the past couple years it was good to finally get this one!

Quote:
Put this one on layaway. An extremely rare Blacksmith, BL-44. This example is only the 6th one I have been able to identify. There are 2 in the Bank of Canada collection and 3 others with recent sales (2 Heritage and 1 CNG) all graded F or F detail. I grade this one VG for the issue. If anyone has info on others, please let me know.

1960NYGiants, spectacular!

Those are very useful threads ainsivalavie. Do you have a census for the Wood 24 token? I have thus far been able to trace ~25 separate examples in my database with individual photographs. (I have not been able to further trace the 3 that appear in the 1987 Warren Baker Sale since my digitized copy has poor photo quality.)

Cheers
Valued Member
United States
484 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2022  8:40 pm  Show Profile   Check 1960NYGiants's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 1960NYGiants to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@blargish - thank you. I, too, have been swinging and missing on The Riseing Sun piece. Very nice adds.
LM of RCNA
Member of CATC
Valued Member
Canada
182 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2022  9:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ainsivalavie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Blargish: Those are very useful threads ainsivalavie. Do you have a census for the Wood 24 token? I have thus far been able to trace ~25 separate examples in my database with individual photographs. (I have not been able to further trace the 3 that appear in the 1987 Warren Baker Sale since my digitized copy has poor photo quality.)

@Blargish:
Since I didn't do any specific research for the Wood 24, I only have 20 examples in my archives. So your work seems to be more extensive than mine.

Edited by ainsivalavie
12/23/2022 9:44 pm
Learn More...
United States
120433 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2022  10:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Some extra-numismatic activities had drawn me away from colonial tokens for a while, but I was drawn back into the vortex with the following pickups...
Nice examples!
Valued Member
Netherlands
84 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2023  07:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gebs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This one came in yesterday. I have a little trouble identifying this one.

I think it is LC-60-11 but I'm not sure.

Also what would the quality be on this one somewhere XF-AU I think

Learn More...
United States
120433 Posts
Valued Member
United States
484 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2023  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Check 1960NYGiants's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 1960NYGiants to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Gebs - I agree LC-60-11 in EF-AU possibly cleaned as it looks a bit pink on my monitor. Nice photos and addition.
LM of RCNA
Member of CATC
Page: of 59
Previous TopicReplies: 876 / Views: 93,572Next Topic  
First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: