Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Found This Set Up. Opinions Please.

First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 171 / Views: 14,000Next Topic
Page: of 12
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5338 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2015  8:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When he put mine together he said the 75mm didn't work well with my stand so he put an 80mm in it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3266 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2015  10:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rmpsrpms to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
mcshilling, your stand uses the B&L MZ7 mount to hold extension tubes and helicoid. The minimum extension I was able to achieve was too long for a 75mm to be capable of framing a Dollar. When the minimum extension is too long, the minimum magnification can be too high for full range of coin sizes. With the 80mm, you can frame up to a 42mm coin/medal.

Dar uses a bellows that has a short enough minimum extension such that 75mm lenses can frame Dollars.

Contact me for photographic equipment or visit my home page at:
http://macrocoins.com
Pillar of the Community
United States
1474 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2015  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I received the Correct 75mm El-Nikkor lens today!

That was Fast.

Here are shots of the OBV and REV with the new lens.
El-Nikkor

Vivatar

El-Nikkor

Vivatar

I tried to get the lighting as close as possible in all shots.

Can you see a difference?

Edited by Dar
06/08/2015 5:10 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3266 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2015  4:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rmpsrpms to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dar...the pics are the same, I think you uploaded the wrong images...Ray
Pillar of the Community
United States
1474 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2015  4:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Opps!

All fixed.
Take another look.

Thanks Ray! c
Edited by Dar
06/08/2015 4:53 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1474 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2015  6:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No takers?
Edited by Dar
06/08/2015 6:22 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1822 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2015  7:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
dar very good excellent photo. question these coins they look very perfect. I don't have any American pennies to compare your coin to. my question when you have this coin in your hand. the appearance of this coin is excellent it looks like it has a bronze appearance is this what the American penny looks like in your hand. I took a picture of a bite up American penny it is and older circulated penny. I want my images to look exactly as the coin. I was wondering does your images match your coin or does the images look better than your coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3266 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2015  10:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rmpsrpms to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dar...the Nikon is a little sharper than the Vivitar, and a little higher contrast, otherwise look about the same.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1474 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2015  12:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
is this what the American penny looks like in your hand

It is Very close. I have not done any post processing to the coin so it's just the way I have the lighting I guess. The coin itself looks Better in hand and has more color then the image shows.

Quote:
the Nikon is a little sharper than the Vivitar, and a little higher contrast, otherwise look about the same

That's what I was thinking too Ray. Hard to tell the difference just looking at these photo's. I haven't done so yet but maybe there will a bit more difference when I compare the RAW images?

Learn More...
United States
23521 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2015  1:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's doubtful you'll see any marked difference at other than 100% crops with these lenses. Don't forget, we're only playing with the last 5% here - either lens makes you look like a pro with images small enough to post online. That said, the Nikon will establish its' superiority at full size once you've dialed it in to a particular coin.

You'll probably see a greater difference just by processing the chroma noise out from a RAW image, which will somewhat homogenize the surfaces. A little sharpness will be lost, but you have sharpness to burn with this kind of rig, and the final look should be closer to "in-hand."
Pillar of the Community
United States
3266 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2015  4:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rmpsrpms to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I doubt the difference will be any more noticeable in RAW. This just reinforces the point that there is not much difference between lenses. Even if you shot the same coin with a 75ARD1 or a 105PN, you will not see a significant difference unless you look at 100% pixel level.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1474 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2015  6:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't even think to look at it at 100% cropped.

Quote:
You'll probably see a greater difference just by processing the chroma noise out from a RAW image,

I still have to learn how to do this.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3266 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2015  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rmpsrpms to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hate it when I don't see someone's response before responding. Luckily Dave and I are on the same page...
Pillar of the Community
United States
1474 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2015  12:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today I received my Opulux paper, (10 sheets).

I really did not realize just how big each sheet actually is. Wow.

Now I just need some design ideas. I have read the older threads about Smile Directors but there are really no new designs or posts.
Can you guys lend me a hand?

Thanks,

Charlie.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8689 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2015  3:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got my Opalux yesterday. It came in a huge outer box, about 2 x 2.5 x 0.75 feet, filled with almost a lawn bag full of plastic packing peanuts. There was an inner flat box containing the 10 sheets.

The paper diffuses about as well as the thin regular paper I was using, but absorbs less light and looks to be slightly whiter and less yellow. Of course, its a lot thicker and stiffer, and might be good for paper cone diffusers.
Page: of 12
Previous TopicReplies: 171 / Views: 14,000Next Topic  
First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.95 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05