Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Still Looking At Picking Up A Different Camera.

First Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 2,201Next Topic Page 2 of 2
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11933 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2015  1:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got tired of looking .... so I bought the lowest "Buy it Now"
for a new camera. Lowest for a T5i.

I know I will need some things ...like a memory card.

Here is what I bought. ....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12167650621...T&rmvSB=true

If it will Live tether and work with the 100MM lens, that just got
shipped yesterday, then I hope I can start getting better pictures.
Learn More...
United States
23521 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2015  1:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With that camera and a Canon 100mm Macro lens, the only problem you now face is that there's no reason why you can't shoot images of a quality equal to whomever you'd consider the "best" photographer here.

That was a pretty good price.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9280 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2015  2:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice buy. I'm glad to see you got one with a US 1 year warranty. Not all ebay camera listings include this.
1883-O Nut
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11933 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2015  2:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks .. Dave and Dave..

Now I have to start buying coins that are worth taking
pictures of ..

I still will have to work on getting the lighting right,
and right now I have a tripod .. may have to start looking
at a photo stand.

I will be reading back through some of these threads, to
see what others are using, with lighting and stand.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11933 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2015  11:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My new camera ...and the 100mm lens are out for delivery today.
And I am stuck at the coin shop

One is coming UPS the camera USPS. Not sure if I will need to sign

Or if they will leave at door. If it says delivered ... I will run
Home and get it.

Just a little excited ... And concerned.

Also ..not sure if the camera comes with a SD card ...

Any suggestion on where and what brand to purchase?
Valued Member
United States
430 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2015  12:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wizzy1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you tether you don't need a sd card.
Learn More...
United States
23521 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2015  1:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For a card, look for either a Class 10 or UHS Class (1 or 3) to have sufficient bandwidth to record video and meet the camera's burst speed for images. You'll want at least 32GB given the filesize of the images. As far as which brand, well, start (like I always do for questions like this) with the Wirecutter:

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-sd-card/
Valued Member
United States
430 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2015  1:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wizzy1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Of course, non coin photography will require a card. If you want to shoot movies or continious stills get a faster card, Class 10 recommended. As far as size, it seems that 16 GB now is the sweet spot between size/price.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11933 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2015  3:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Went home for lunch ....the lens was sitting at the front door

Been playing with it at the shop ... I am liking it a lot.

Now ...waiting for the camera to get here .....US mail not here yet.

-----------------------------

Dave .... That site is great, it had a review for best SD card.
They recommend the ScadDisk 32B ExtremePlus

Amazon $38.00
Learn More...
United States
23521 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2015  4:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Keep in mind, though, that's double the price of an average 32GB card. Lean that way if you're going to be shooting lots HD video or burst imaging at sporting events & such. Class 10 is up to 1080p video.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11933 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2015  6:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Keep in mind, though, that's double the price of an average 32GB card

I will check into both of them, was thinking about going to
Best Buy in the morning ..

------------------------------------------------

The camera was sitting at the door when I got home.
Charging the battery right now ... getting ready to
check out the disk that came with the camera.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3421 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2015  10:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you buy memory cards on eBay, be aware of too cheap. There are 1000s of fake cards being sold.

http://www.rmprepusb.com/tutorials/...emory-drives
-----Burton
46 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC
Owned by four cats and a wife of 35 years (joined 1983)
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11933 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2015  10:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can tell I will have a big learning curve trying
figure out all the functions of this camera.

I did buy the SanDisk 32mb Extreme Plus UHS-1 CARD.
Took me several tries to get it to work and format it.

Did not know I was suppose to slide this small adapter
piece into the SD card.

Now the camera says I can take 3947 pictures.

now I can start to learn the basics.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3421 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2015  11:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the world of the "big roll". I remember when first starting out taking pictures the agony of deciding between the 24 exposure and 36 exposure. 36 cost more, but was slightly cheaper per-picture, however since one only took a few pictures at a time, it would sit in the camera longer. Heck, I took a backpack trip to the UK in 1976 and had to balance what I could afford (color vs. black & white) and what I could carry.

Today you can shoot with abandon and then just download to the PC to create another '4K picture roll'...

The funny thing? With a StackShot and shooting raw+jpg, I find I can easily use 800MB+ per coin. If I wasn't tethered, that 32GB card is only a 36-40 'picture' roll. But I shoot coins tethered and my 7 year old laptop has a 250GB disk drive - since all I have on it is Windows, the Canon software and Helicon, there's a lot of room.

-----Burton
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3421 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2015  2:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, and if you want to go off the deep end on memory cards, there's always this: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00V62XBQQ - Only $240 or just over $1/GB

The 32GB version is $14 with free 2 day Prime shipping. But, you have it in hand TODAY and can work with the camera this weekend and that alone is probably worth the $20...

-----Burton
Page 2 of 2   Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 2,201Next Topic  
First Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.92 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05