Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

144 (Gross) Set Update

First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 43 / Views: 6,372Next Topic Page 3 of 3
Learn More...
United States
90906 Posts
Valued Member
United States
459 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2017  12:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Not Mint to Be to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Added 2 new additions to this set and one downgrade 75.69% complete

AU50 1936-D Boone
AU58 1951-S GWC

VF25 1936-S Rhode Island replaces and XF45

Learn More...
United States
90906 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2017  12:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Added 2 new additions to this set and one downgrade 75.69% complete
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6862 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2017  08:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations! You are now past 3/4 of the way there .... awesome indeed
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4693 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2017  5:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats! Quite an accomplishment! All the best with the ongoing search!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3176 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2017  5:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mkman123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats, not easy and pricey to do a set of these :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
1210 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2017  7:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hondo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice work! Congratulations #127995;
Pillar of the Community
United States
729 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2017  8:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chipjones to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have an Columbian Exposition Chicago 1893. if you need it send me an e-mail and I will send you some pics.
Valued Member
United States
459 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2017  1:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Not Mint to Be to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As a sidebar to the additions to this set I also had a 1935-S Arkansas and a 1938 Oregon that had also been submitted for grading. I thought they would be AU55-58 on for both of them. Boy was I in for a surprise. MS62 & MS64 I guess I don't know how to grade circulated commems.
Valued Member
United States
459 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2020  11:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Not Mint to Be to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This set is moving along slowly. My latest is a AG03 1948-S BTW. 77.08 complete or 32 coins to go.
Learn More...
United States
90906 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2020  10:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My latest is a AG03 1948-S BTW. 77.08 complete or 32 coins to go.
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4693 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2020  11:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's been some time since we last heard from you re: this set. Congrats on the continued progress - regardless of how slowly it is moving! Keep it up! It's great (for me) to watch from the sidelines.

The AU coins in the set must drive you crazy. Here's hoping you find worse examples in your travels!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51164 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2020  11:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How about some pics of recent finds?
Valued Member
United States
459 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2020  9:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Not Mint to Be to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Re Commems The AU coins in this set don't bother me as much now as they did when I was working on the 50 piece set. As long as they are AU I can handle them in the 144 set. What really bugs me is when I think I have a circ coin for this set and it comes back as MS especially when it comes back as MS66. I think that this has happened 6 times now.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4693 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2020  12:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What really bugs me is when I think I have a circ coin for this set and it comes back as MS especially when it comes back as MS66. I think that this has happened 6 times now.

Wow! That degree of difference of opinion is almost unbelievable - AU (or worse) to MS-66! How is such a difference even possible?!

I have a friend who purchased a piece of branch mint gold as a VF-35 coin. He sent it in for grading and it came back as an AU-53 - turns out the coin exhibited a weak strike vs. lots of wear.

Page 3 of 3   Previous TopicReplies: 43 / Views: 6,372Next Topic  
First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.77 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05