Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your *error Notes* Thread

First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 81 / Views: 9,218Next Topic
Page: of 6
United Kingdom
6 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2016  6:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pesafa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey guys,

what about this one, worth slabbing or not? Uncirculated but the error is just very common miscut, star note though.

Valued Member
United States
78 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2016  9:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add xxJOExx to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't offer an opinion to your question, but that is one cool-looking note!
Interesting, too, that it is from a sheet-replacement run, meaning it was inserted to replace a single sheet from regular production prior to cutting rather than having been produced to replace a whole strap of notes.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1806 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2016  2:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Broken-Coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you expand this thread to include Global Error notes, I have a unique (only one confirmed from a 40 subject sheet) Bank of England 20 Pound note that was rejected with blue marker and removed after receiving 2 sets of serial numbers, then somehow re-entered the production line and received a 3rd set of serial numbers printed over the blue rejection marks.. I had this certified in 2006 when PMG knew error notes..

Then I have 2 bank of Pakistan Double Serial Number errors on 1,000 Rupee Notes that was purchased back in 2007 that I recently submitted to PMG..

Unlike my 2006 submission, PMG today knows nothing (IMO) on Pakistan currency as they lowered a C/U Note down to AU50, and the only reason I can think of is that they labeled it as having "Pin Holes" when in fact, Pakistan issued these Stapled in Books of 100 Notes, and this book had 2 Staples..
They also didn't know how to confirm the serial numbers..

Needles to say, instead of complaining & resubmitting as I had done in the recent past, I decided to make the necessary changes on both holders myself..

I net graded the AU55 down to EF45 and increased the AU50 to CU (as staple holes should not be considered when grading a note)..

I hold many Global Error coins and only the above 3 notes..
I don't bother to post them in the other Forums as I have found very little interest with what I did post in the past from other members..

Pillar of the Community
United States
3205 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2016  3:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That 2009A $100 New York star is VERY COOL, and if it were mine, I would get it slabbed.
Very unusual miscut. Was that a circulation find @pesafa ?
United Kingdom
6 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2016  11:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pesafa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
was waiting for your reply Steve. :)

Taken out from a fresh pack if I am not mistaken, but not by me.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11026 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2016  03:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a good-looking and unusual note.

Can we be sure it wasn't chopped (carefully and neatly) from a sheet?
Valued Member
United States
178 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2016  03:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AgDigger to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pesafa, It hurts to look at it its so good ! Star to boot. Congrats, AG D
Pillar of the Community
United States
3205 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2016  04:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Can we be sure it wasn't chopped (carefully and neatly) from a sheet?

The BEP sells $100 sheets, but so far they have all been the LF-A block.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
404 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2016  02:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikev50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
cool 50$ error

Pillar of the Community
United States
697 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2016  08:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cashhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Mike - Was that $50 note found in circulation?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1806 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2016  10:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Broken-Coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

After visiting this thread again, I realized that I had not posted any of my error notes here..

As I am currently seeking information for two other threads, I will post my currency Errors when time permits..
Valued Member
United States
434 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2021  7:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Webekin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I usually hang out in the Coin roll section, Half, quarter and dimes. I have been getting $2.00 bills over the last year and this week found an unusual one.

Jumped right out to me. Your thoughts, ideas on value if I were to offer for sale. Thanks in advance, Webekin
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  02:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fej33 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I thought this 1990 $20 note was pretty nice. Still trying to figure out the value of it so if anyone has an opinion would love to hear from ya. Thanks. (Still trying to get the hang of the image resizer)

Pillar of the Community
United States
3205 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  03:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I checked past sales history and a 1990 $20 with a Back-to-Front offset error sold for $150-$200. They tend to fetch a little more when authenticated and graded.
Learn More...
United States
100731 Posts
Page: of 6
Previous TopicReplies: 81 / Views: 9,218Next Topic  
First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05